Wednesday, March 19

twins, cry it out, and a visit from friends

I would like to begin by saying NO I AM NOT PREGNANT WITH TWINS! Just in the case that you might have thought that from the title. Little Lily is remaining an only child for the time being! Now on to the real reason for that title.... It seems like I know a lot of people right now either pregnant with or recently had twins. I know three (one of which is my sister) who are currently pregnant with twins and one that just recently had twins. Granted my sister's was through IVF but the rest were naturally - CRAZY! Even though I am sure when you have twins you love it, I just can't imagine having more than one baby at a time! I absolutely love the fact that we only have one right now (not to discourage those of you who are having twins). Anyways, hopefully when we do decide to have another this won't come back to bite me!!

In Lily news, I am definitely ready to the whole cry it out thing with her. Her afternoon naps are SO hard to get her down for and she isn't napping as long as she should be. Her night schedule is also not so hot - I'm having to get up at least 5 times a night with her to give her her paci back and she eats once a night. She technically shouldn't be having to eat then either because of her weight and age. So I think if we can do the cry it out and she's getting better solid sleep, that might cure that problem too. I think I have recently blogged about this as well, but it's the big topic on my mind right now. My good friend Alicia whose baby is just a bit older than mine read the book BabyWise and it worked wonders for her. I have also heard a lot of people rave about it. So I had asked Alicia to borrow hers. Sweet friend she is though - she bought me my own copy for my birthday! I just got the book today and I've already been reading it profusely. It seems really good so far and the concept that I really want Lily to have. I wish I had this book when we first had her because these principles work really well if you start from birth. So for all of you having babies out there soon, BUY THIS BOOK! It also has great advice for multiples so since I know a lot of you like that too, it will be a good investment.

Today we had visitors! Yeah! Alicia and Andi came over for a little while. Even though Andi is almost a month older than Lily, she looks younger cause Lily is a chub. :) It's great having a friend who has a baby right about the same age as me. I can't wait for them to get a little bit older and can play together!

My sister let me borrow her exersaucer so we wouldn't have to fork out the cash for one. Lily has been in it for the first time this week and she loves it! I think she just especially likes the fact that she's standing up in it. She just wants to be a big girl already!

Lily has a new favorite facial expression. It's SO cute. She leans her head back and puckers out her lips. I LOVE IT! Check it out below!

I will leave you today with some pics:



No comments: