Sunday, March 16

Contentment and Stinky Feet

I'm sure you're thinking.... what a strange combination for today's blog. Yes, it is. But it's the two things on my mind right now!

Contentment. An easy word to write about, talk about, spell... pretty much anything besides make it come to life. On the way back today from Dawn's house in NC, I was thinking a lot about this. Watching my little baby sleep so peacefully, I thought about how content she was at that moment and not a care in the world. All her needs are taken care of by her wonderful mom (yes, that's me!) and her dad too of course. I, on the other hand, have a very hard time with contentment. For me, sometimes I look at other people's lives and think "hey, they have everything and must be so content. Sure must be nice." But in reality, I know that even though it might seem someone has it all, they don't. NO ONE on this earth is completely content. It is one of our human flaws. I am having a hard time with being content though today. I see these gorgeous houses that people have down in yuppyville Cary. I wish I had a house. I see people that are making tons of money and can do and buy so many things. I wish I had more money. I see people who are so passionate about God and serving Him. I wish I had that much passion. I see men who are so happy with their jobs and feel completely fulfilled in what they are doing. I wish my husband had his dream job. The list could probably go on and on.

But then, I have to stop myself and say "AMANDA! You are so blessed. You have the most wonderful family anyone could ask for - a loving caring husband and a beautiful sweet healthy baby girl. You have a roof over your head, a car to drive, clothes on your back, food in your kitchen, cable tv, internet, a cell phone, my health, a comfy bed to sleep in, a God who loves me, extended family who love me, the most wonderful best friends." Well, that list could probably go on and on as well. I am SO blessed in reality. There are so many people in this world who don't have nearly what I have even though I don't really see that as much.

It's just a hard concept. And I want to be content, but sometimes I just don't know how to fully reach that level. And I guess I never will since I'm human. But for now, I am going to thank God tonight for the blessings in my life. If you're reading this, my challenge for you tonight is to thank God for at least 5 things in your life.

On a short other subject, my beautiful little baby Lily has stinky feet. Yes, even babies can have stinky feet. :) Don't ask me how but they always seem to get clammy and then when we take her socks off they smell. Haha! I love it though. Yes, you heard me. I LOVE LILY'S STINKY FEET. And you know why? Because that's just one more thing that makes her my Lily.

1 comment:

The Tylers said...

I know exactly what you mean... it never stops. I have the house I wanted so badly, yet I still find myself jealous of people who have bigger and better houses! What is wrong with us?? :) So...
I am thankful for:
1- a husband who loves me deeply and would do anything for me
2- a home that I love that more than meets our needs
3- that we have jobs that allow us to pay for way more things than we need
4- that all of our family is at least fairly nearby, all immediate family in the same state
5- that I have amazing friends who I have so many wonderful memories with

Good blog Amanda. :) Thanks.