Saturday, March 15

North Carolina and a lack of sleep

We're down in good ol' NC right now enjoying the company of my sister, her husband, and my niece Ava. It's been a crazy few days.

Today we had my sister's baby shower for her twins. It was a good time - just a few people which was actually really enjoyable. Dawn got some good stuff including both of the car seats that she will need but definitely needs a lot more with twins.

Yesterday Ava was being hilarious and silly like she always is. We were talking about how big my sister's boobs are getting now especially since she's pregnant. So then Ava turns around and says "mommy's boobies look good covered in sauce." I about peed my pants - it was hilarious! She is just so much fun, I love her to death.

Lily is doing good, almost 4 months now! I can hardly believe it. She, unfortunately, is starting to have some sleep issues at night. She only eats once at night which is good. But she has started waking up NUMEROUS (5+) times during the night needing her pacifier to get back to sleep. AHHHH!! So I'm not sure how we are going to fix this problem. Well, I do know - we're going to have to do cry it out. Luckily she goes for her 4 month check next week so I can talk about all of this with her doctor to get some suggestions. So pray I start getting some more sleep. Matt was wonderful last night. I was about to my breaking point. He took a shift for half of the night and getting up with her so I could get some sleep.

I'm of to enjoy a little more time with my sister before heading to bed - to hopefully get some sleep! I'll post pics of the shower once I get them up on the computer.

1 comment:

The Tylers said...

What the crap??? Did Ava walk in on something she wasn't supposed to? Haha.... kids are so funny!