Thursday, March 20

march madness

I absolutely love march madness. Do you know why? Not for the fact that I like basketball and like to watch it. I LOVE bracket competition. If you don't know what this is or have never done it, you should. I only like to compete against friends or people I know though. Last year was the first year that I did it on facebook and won in the Suburban Christian pool!!! I have a strategy too that I think should work everytime. I, of course, can't let you in on my secret though! This year at Matt's work they are doing a pool there as well for money. So Matt put in my bracket which I hope wins cause I would like to win some money! If you missed out on the madness this year, you need to do it next year!

I feel like March has been madness for us. We have been on the go with lots of events happening - birthdays (mine, matt's, ava's, and mike's). Then Dawn's baby shower. And this coming weekend Virginia Beach for easter and Lily's dedication at Suburban. I like travelling actually and going to visit family but it's just more difficult now having to pack for Lily.

In other news, we sold our car (the altima). For those of you that don't know, one of the sacrifices we are having to make for me to be able to stay at home is to get rid of our second car. I'm not sure how difficult it's going to be to make the transition but it's worth it to be able to stay at home with Lily. Most days Matt is going to be carpooling with Jonathan (his boss) who lives in the same apartment complex as us. And days he needs the car, I can just stay at home. I really don't need to have it all the time anyways.

Lily news: Two of her naps today she slept for 2 hours!! Yeah!! It's always so nice when she sleeps longer than her usual 30-45 minute naps because I feel like I can actually get some things done around the house. I can hardly believe tomorrow she will be 4 MONTHS OLD!!! In some ways it feels just like yesterday she was born and in others it feels like it's been so long that she was just 6 pounds 4 ounces! I'm so glad I have her. She's just the sweetest thing ever. :)

Off to finish packing as we are leaving in the morning...

1 comment:

c&v said...

I totally agree about how fun March Madness is:) Being from Kansas,I am required to be a basketball fan! Your little Lily is so adorable! Have a great time in VA Beach for her dedication and have a great Easter!
-valerie