Monday, March 17

fun day with "auntie vicky"

This morning I went in to my old work again to help train the new person that they hired for my old job. I'm getting paid for it which is nice too. Since they wanted me to stay until I finished up, I asked Lily's "auntie" vicky to come over and babysit her for a little bit when Matt had to go to work. Lily did really well and was smiling and cooing up a storm with her! Vicky and Reeba are the only two people at this point that I trust here in town to watch her. And of course, I don't really do it that much. Only twice since Lily came into this world!

After I got home, the three of us (vicky, lily, and me) went to lunch at Moe's which was so much fun except for one part... Lily was in her stroller sucking on her pacifier on her way to sleepytown. These two ladies with two children (one of which looking quite butch), came right up to Lily in her face in the stroller and said "are these ladies not feeding you?" That's really all she said and then she went and sat down. WEIRD! I don't know what prompted her to say that and only that. I wanted to punch her in her face but I think she had enough problems of her own. Anyways - it was quite opposite from the usual first responses from strangers "oh she's so cute... how old is she... her hair is so beautiful...etc."

Then we came back to the house and I put Lily down for a nap and Vicky and I got a chance just to talk for awhile. It's always so nice to spend time just talking with her.

Tomorrow is a stay at home day I believe and then Wednesday we get to have a visit from Alicia and Lily's friend Andi! Yeah!

No comments: