Monday, March 24

Happy Birthday wishes!

Today is my hubby's 25th birthday! It is weird to think that I have known him for 10 of those, almost half of his life! In celebration of Matt, I would like to list my top 10 things I love most about him. Of course, there are a million reasons why, but I will try to limit myself to 10. :)

1) His laugh. I absolutely LOVE the way he laughs. It always cracks me up when he busts out laughing at something.

2) His sense of humor. Matt is one of the funniest people I know. He is not intentionally funny, if you know what I mean (like he doesn't tell "jokes"). It's just his personality in general.

3) His passion. When Matt loves something whether it be his wife or a brilliant idea, he is the best advocate for it. The things he holds dear to his heart have most importance.

4) His fathering abilities. Since we had Lily, I have seen a completely new and wonderful side to my husband. I can see the love he has for her and he does SUCH a great job in helping to raise her - whether that's just a diaper change or helping her learn something new (like rolling over). I'm so glad that my children will have a father like him to emulate.

5) His ability/desire to communicate. Many marriages fail because there is a lack of or bad communication between the husband and wife. Matt has always been one to want to talk things out with me and compromise. He won't just shove things under the carpet. Even in everyday life, he loves to talk to me and share his thoughts/ideas. I love that he loves to share his life with me.

6) His body. Okay for those of you out there thinking "dirty." That's NOT what I'm referring to. :) I love cuddling up to him. He is just the right build for me! I'm a happy wife just being able to snuggle with him after we put Lily to bed and watch tv together.

7) The way he puts his family first. Matt, from day one of our marriage, has always prioritized me (and now Lily). He believes that his family should come first (besides God of course). He always sticks up for us and wants to make sure that we are taken care of.

8) His delicious cooking. Matt is a WONDERFUL cook! I admit that I do lack in that area even though I can follow a recipe or of course make a boxed or frozen dinner. He is amazing though. He just comes up with recipes himself (like his famous hawaiian chicken tacos) that are delicious!

9) His love for Christ. This really should be number one. This is the most important quality in my husband. Matt, above all, wants to know God more. He is always striving to make sure He is serving God in the best way that He possibly can.

10) His love for me. Matt loves me like no one else can love me. He makes me feel secure and happy. He knows what makes me tick. He puts up with my weird quirks. He always tries to meet my needs the best he can.

11) His hugs. Okay.... I thought of this one and I just had to add one more. His hugs are the best in the world. They are big bear hugs and they always make me feel so much better!

So if you hadn't guessed, I love this man a WHOLE lot! Happy Happy Happy Birthday to the most wonderful man, husband, and father in the world!!!

1 comment:

The Tylers said...

I think you've got a good one... you should keep him. ;)