Thursday, April 10

tattoo

I'm thinking about getting a tattoo. I have never been a "tattoo" kind of person and in most cases don't really like it. But I think I really would like to have my children's names tattooed somewhere SMALL on me. I have started looking at examples and exploring the topic. There are several things I am not sure about. 1) Where to get it. I know that I don't want it on my back and I want it somewhere not very conspicuous. My initial thoughts are shoulder, chest/breast over my heart, or ankle. I'm open to any other suggestions though! 2) When to get it. I really want to get it after each child is born but I also want them all to look the same. So I'm not sure whether I should wait until all of them are born or not. 3) Design/font. I definitely want the first name and probably in a cursive font. I definitly want it to be smaller so that's why I don't think I will do middle name or birth date - but it's still in the realm of possibility. I had also thought about getting a LITTLE picture of a lily (flower) next to her name. But then if our other children don't have a picture that will go with their name then that would kind of be dumb. So anyways, that's my big new revelation. :) You can like it or not - haha. So comment and leave me ideas/suggestions, etc. I want to be absolutely POSITIVE about what I want before I get it - obviously because it is permanent.

Oh and since I want to do the kid's names, I thought well that's not equally fair to Matt - cause I love him just as much and plan to be with him until death. So then there's the question of... well do I put his with where the kids names will be, or do I do something seperate somewhere else? As you can tell, lots of questions!

Off to enjoy a BEAUTIFUL afternoon. Lily and I are going to go walking with Alicia and Andi in Wyndhurst this afternoon. Yeah!! LOVE this weather!! Then tonight is a new episode of The Office after a long hiatus. What a wonderful day!!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

i say wait till you're done having them so it all blends together. But, your body, you do what you want :)

Calie & Daniel said...

I agree with Dawn. By then, you may also change your mind :)

Also.... yes, we have a new place that we'll be moving into in 2 weeks, but we'll be renting. Ain't no way we'll be able to afford a house any time soon! Hope you guys have a great weekend!!