Wednesday, April 2

feeling sentimental

I know this will sound crazy... but... I can't believe how fast my little baby is growing up. Most of you will probably think, "but she's only 4 months old!" For those of you that have kids though, you will probably understand exactly how I am feeling. Last night, Matt and I were watching the Friends episode where Rachel has her baby. Although VERY unrealistic of how labor and delivery really is, it brought back our memories of having Lily. That was the most incredible wonderful day. There are no words to really explain how it feels when you push out your little baby and they lay her right up on your chest. Seeing her there and touching her was AMAZING! She was SO little - 6 pounds 4 ounces.


Now my little tiny baby that use to fit in one arm weighs almost 15 pounds! She's such a big girl now. Don't get me wrong, I'm SO glad that she is growing so well and each new stage of her life brings new joy! But you can't help but miss holding your little baby when she was just born. It feels like so long ago even though it was only 4 months. "They grow up so fast." People say it all the time, especially your own parents. But it doesn't become a reality until you have your own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree! I miss how Andi used to cuddle with me and sleep on my chest. The other night I went in and fed her at 4 b/c she didn't eat well before she went to bed and afterwards she laid her head on my shoulder and slept and I held her for like 10 more minutes and cried!