Saturday, April 5

John the Baptist, dinner, and naps

I have a devotional that I get in the mail that I usually read at night before I go to bed. I HIGHLY recommend it if anyone is interested. It's called Our Journey. A lot of devotionals I feel are very cheesy and not worth much. But this one seems to really point out some good things and even though it is short, packs a lot for the punch. You also get a new one each month so you're not repeating things. A night or two ago, it mentioned John the Baptist. It was referring to something else about him, but I got to thinking... If I had been living back in that day, would I have believed John the Baptist? Or would I have thought he was crazy? Honestly... I probably would have thought he had completely lost his mind. He was a radical. Fast forward to present day... I feel like I look down upon radicals. Now granted, there are a LOT of "radicals" out there who truly are nuts and aren't true followers of Christ. But I am sure there are plenty out there that in reality we should be looking to them to inspire us. If I call myself a Christian, I should have a passion and desire to live for God that to the world would seem crazy. But that's what God has called us as Christians to, a radical life lived to serve Him. So tonight I have asked my own self, "am I living a life for God that to others would seem radical?" If you call yourself a Christian, I challenge you to also ask yourself this question tonight.

On another completely different topic.... tonight Alicia, her husband, and their little baby girl Andi came over for dinner. We had a great time and Andi and Lily got some bonding time in - haha! They sat in their bumbos together and at one point even held hands! Lily actually stayed still sitting up in her bumbo! She usually is so active that she won't sit still in it. Then they played on the floor and Andi kept kicking Lily with her feet. Finally, they wrapped up their evening together by watching baby einstein. Well, more like Lily watched it and Andi paid attention sometimes. :) They're such cuties!!
















And finally an update on the whole nap schedule.... It's going great! We are finally on a 3 nap a day schedule - the morning and evening ones are still only a half hour, but the afternoon one is longer. Yeah!!!

I'm off now to watch some final four march madness and hope that UNC wins! Too bad I lost the game that just got over. :( Hopefully my bracket will still win!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like you. And your thoughts.