Wednesday, April 9

babysitting

This morning was a first. I babysat another child while having my own baby to take care of! Tina (a friend from church) asked me to watch her little girl, Brenae, who is a year and a half old this morning. I have decided that although it wasn't too hard since Matt was around for part of the morning and Brenae was pretty self sufficient (no feeding, napping, etc. while she was here), that I do not want to have a second child yet. :) It was hard because I'm use to devoting 100% of my attention to Lily. It made me think about how when we do decide to have another child, I won't be able to give one child my entire attention. I guess that's just how it works though. Brenae was great though - she's a little cutie. In regards to a second child, I think I would like Lily to be at least 2 before we start trying. That way I have a more self sufficient/independent child before I have another baby that requires 100% help with everything.

All in all, it was a good morning and I got to spend a little adult time talking with Tina which was nice. Her neighborhood is actually having a big yard sale on Saturday morning with a bunch of kids stuff. Matt's going to watch Lily so I can go with Vicky and have a morning out. Hoping to find some good deals since they live in very nice neighborhood!

1 comment:

The Tylers said...

It should probably be a requirement for every parent of an only child to babysit an extra kid for a day before they decide to have another! I hear about and see couples having another baby when the first one is still a baby... they must be crazy!