Tuesday, April 1

headway and to do lists

I really feel like I am finally making some headway into this whole nap schedule thing - granted it's only been 2 or 3 days, but I feel like things have improved SO much and I'm starting to get the hang of things. From the few short days I have done this, I now feel like I can tell definitely when Lily is ready to take a nap and goes pretty quickly with little to no crying. The semi schedule I think I have going is naps at around 9, 1, and 4 or 5. She was just taking the short 30 minute naps and even though I was able to push until the next nap time, I felt like she really needed more at the morning and afternoon ones. Well this afternoon she woke up after the first half hour and I thought, okay, I'm going to let her just hang out/cry in there for a half hour and see what happens. Well, she cried/dozed for the next half hour and then finally went back to sleep straight for a whole more hour. So she got a good longer nap in this afternoon. I honestly think she just gets woken up after a half hour but really needs to sleep longer. My plan is to now leave her for awhile at the morning and afternoon nap to see if I can increase the times a bit. Things are looking up!

Do you feel like you never have enough time to get all the things done on your list? Or that your list of to-do's is neverending? Before I became a mom, I did feel like this at times since I was working outside the home. But now that I am at home, I feel like I should be able to get more done and I can't! Yes, I am taking care of a baby so that should explain a lot of it. This is especially for those of you that like having to do lists. I thrive on them! I have my magnetic notepads that I always keep around and yes, I never have a barren list. There is ALWAYS something on it! The same thing goes for our home, I feel like I CONSTANTLY am having to pick up things. When will it ever end? I already know the answer to this question... never. There's always going to be something that needs to get done. But that's okay, cause I'm sure if my list did end I wouldn't know what to do with myself! So really, I have come to the conclusion that I like having things to do on my list and shouldn't complain (except for the picking things up around the house all the time... I could do without that!).

No comments: