Monday, April 7

ho hum monday

I woke up this morning and my eyelid hurt SO bad! It looked a little red and swollen but I couldn't really see anything else. Well, I finally lifted the eyelid up later today and found a stye. OUCH - I knew something was wrong cause it hurt really bad. So I've been putting warm compresses on it today to hopefully hurry the healing process.

Does it seem like everyone is pregnant to any of you? It sure does to me! It's been like a baby boom ever since I had a baby - or maybe it's just that I'm hitting that time in life where most of my friends are at that age. I can count 9 people I know off the top of my head! And the weird thing is - almost all of them are due in August or September. It's exciting though cause I know how great it is to be a mom and I'm glad that friends are going to get to experience that as well. The trend also seems to be girls girls girls!! I think everybody I know that is pregnant besides one friend and my sister are having a boy. But my sister is also having a girl with the boy! I am partial to girls though at this point cause I LOVE having my little girl.

We tried going to church yesterday which didn't work out so well. We hadn't actually been in a few weeks due to various reasons. And now it's complicated with Lily's schedule. We got in there like 20 minutes late and then I had to feed her which is distracting and then she was awake, wanting to move and talk! So really there was no point in us being there since we couldn't pay attention to what was going on. I think we have reached the stage where I need to get up the guts and put her in the nursery. My friend Alicia just did that this past weekend with her baby girl. It really would be the best thing. I think the only thing that holds me back is that I'm a big stickler on Lily taking most of her naps in her crib. She's also use to QUIET with a fan. Granted, she shouldn't need to nap when we are there but she is at that fussy time where she is getting tired because she usually goes down for a nap between 12 and 1. Anyways, most of you are probably COMPLETELY not interested in this. :) All that to just say that church has become difficult.

In exciting news for today... my sister is only a maximum of 9 weeks away from having her twins!!! I know that she probably doesn't want it rushed as she is enjoying the calm somewhat sanity of having one child in the house before two new babies come along. But... I am VERY excited to meet them and get to hold them!! It's great that she's having a boy and a girl. The best of both worlds and we don't have any boys in the family yet. She looks GREAT though to be having twins and this late in the game. It's all right in the belly! Ava was so cute. She actually wanted to talk to me on the phone the other day and she said "guess what? I felt one of mommy's babies move!" She was so excited and it was adorable. Ava also heard Lily in the background on the phone and she recognized her and said "she sounds so cute!" Ava's a hoot - I love her to death!!! I'm so glad I have the most wonderful niece in the world!! And soon I'll get to add 2 more to my favorites!!

No comments: