Wednesday, April 16

and a hush fell over the house

No, I haven't fallen off the deep end! It has been a busy few days with family in town so I haven't gotten a chance to write. Lily's dedication went great and she did SO good even though she was tired! Both sets of grandparents were able to be there. I have definitely decided that I am glad we don't normally have to host both sides of the family at the same time. It's hard to "evenly" distribute Lily time, especially with so many people wanting time with her. We ended up just trying to leave her in "neutral" zone with me and Matt for more of the time. It went pretty well though all things considered.

It was great having my parents visit and of course get a few things done since they can watch Lily. We had lots of good meals too! Tonight is back to normal though and that has been nice. I enjoy our little family and how our household runs. I could spend a whole blog on that topic since I have been thinking about how much I love our little family and how we do things. It's so great being in our family - you should be jealous. :) My husband says sometimes how much he loves coming home to me and Lily. He said that tonight cause we met him outside when he got home and Lily had a BUNCH of smiles and giggles for him. Apparently he had rough day at work and when he got out of the car and saw us it melted it away. Yeah! I'm so glad that he loves our family just as much!

Lily has tried a bunch of fun new things this month - funky hair do's, first pigtail, wearing her first spring dress, sitting up on her own supported by her hands, tasting her first rice cereal, and jumping (or rather bobbling) in her jumperoo that Aunt Dawn let her borrow. She is getting REALLY active now and can't stay still! When laying on her floor gym, she gets herself turned all the way around in a circle. She also has learned how to squeal... VERY loudly. I love it though even though it is rather ear piercing! :) Tonight she got the "b" sound out for the first time. Yep, she's my big girl!

I have more to write... but want to get off and spend time with the hubby now so I will post more tomorrow!!

No comments: