Wednesday, December 31

christmas week recap

So let's see if I can remember the rest of christmas week that I didn't blog about.... But before I do that, is this not the most precious picture of Lily?!
On Friday we headed off to Lowe's to pick out paint and carpet for our house that we will have in Virginia Beach! Let me tell you how much I was loving that. You always dream about having your first house and the time has finally come!! We're just going to do a neutral tan/beige color throughout the house but then a brighter blue in the kitchen. The cabinets are white in the kitchen so I thought the blue would make it pop. That afternoon we went over to Calie Garrett's parents house to hang out with them for awhile and meet little Hannah. She was adorable even though she liked Ms. Phyllis better than me! :) It's so amazing how babies change so much in just one year. Then that evening we headed to Longhorn Steakhouse for a delicious dinner with both sets of our parents. I've never seen Lily eat so much in her life that night!

On Saturday morning my mom watched Lily so we could go check out the house with one of the guy's from church. It's going to be really great once they finish all the remodeling they are doing. All new carpet throughout, paint, redoing both bathrooms, etc. And the best part is that we're going to have more room and a designated "playroom" to keep all of Lily's craziness in! The weather was gorgeous that day so we went out for a walk that afternoon. Then my best friend from childhood, Sarah, came over with her mom to hang out for a little while and see Lily. I'm glad that I'll hopefully be able to see her more often now since we'll be back in Virginia Beach. That evening I stayed at the house and Matt went out with his brother for awhile.

Sunday morning was church of course, a quick lunch, and then we hit the road for home. I love coming back home after a long trip (except for vacation!). I miss just being in my own place with my own "quiet."

Matt's off again this whole week!! It's been SO nice having him home and someone else to entertain Lily. Plus that means if he's home I have a car and can go places and get things done!

In Lily news, she's still walking a lot. She's getting better now at standing back up on her own to walk once she falls to the ground. She knows now as soon as we take her shirt or pants off in the evening that it's bedtime. Last night Matt took her shirt off, she climbed down off the sofa, walked to the bathroom door, and said "ba" for bath. So cute!

I uploaded all our pictures from christmas on to our picture site that you can check out if you want... (http://bruns924.shutterfly.com).

No comments: