Wednesday, December 3

God's in charge

It's so easy as humans to worry about life and not put things in God's hands. As you can probably guess, worrying is on my mind tonight. Anyone that is probably reading this knows about the position at our old home church in Virginia Beach that Matt has interviewed for.

Well, we're still waiting. We found out today that they're going to be interviewing a 3rd person for the job. I think either this weekend or the next. In my mind, that was a setback. It meant to me that's one more person that potentially could get the job. And the weird part is, we kind of know the guy. Back when we were in youth group, we hung out with a bunch of kids from another church in the area. And that's where the guy is from. I can't really describe it but it just feels weird.

There is so much riding on this decision for our family. It's Matt's dream job. It means I won't have to go back to work and can stay home with Lily and out future children. The list could go on and on. This is huge for us.

The timing is coming down to the wire for us financially too. But God always teaches us to trust Him in the hard times and when things aren't secure.

We've prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed about this. I really honestly don't think I have ever been SO consistent about praying for something in my entire life for so long. This whole thing started back in March when the former pastor announced his retirement. It's now December. It really has been a long while.

And even though we're probably only a few weeks away from knowing, it still feels like it will be forever. Almost everything in my gut makes me feel like he still is going to get it. But that worry part has started to set in.

Matt has such a heart for that church (and of course so do I) and such a desire to lead and grow that youth group. I just have to keep praying that God will grant us the desires of our heart. I believe that if we are praying and "in tune" with God that those desires we feel are from Him.

Well... don't know if any of this made sense. But it's weighing heavily on my mind tonight and just had to share. So for now I will keep on praying and waiting just like I have been. And try to put my worries in God's hands knowing that He's in control and has our lives in His hands. He is our provider.

1 comment:

annie said...

I am a friend of Matt's from high school, and I love reading your blog! Your daughter is adorable. :)

I really hope the best for you guys--it sounds like it would be an amazing opportunity. I'm sending good thoughts!