Sunday, December 21

ear infection and baby vicks

I am a new believer in Baby Vicks! I remembered that my mom use to put Vicks on us when we had cold stuff and I also had heard that putting it on a baby's feet too helps them. So I figured I would give it a try. I rubbed it on her chest, back, and feet before bed last night and she didn't cough hardly at all! I might have heard her once or twice just for a minute. I couldn't believe it! I also had given her the teaspoon of honey and gave her nasal spray. So either it was the baby vicks, the combination of everything, or she just had a better night for none of those reasons. :) Anyways, it made me a believer in Baby Vicks! If you have a baby/toddler with a cough or cold, I highly recommend it!

Yesterday afternoon was just the pits and Lily was crying and crying. So I decided instead of waiting until Monday to take her in, I got an appointment for today. Thankfully, our pediatrician's office has weekend hours for sick appointments! I love that place (except for the awful wait times). Ended up (after 2 hours of waiting at the office), that she has an ear infection. The doctor said her cough/runny nose stuff should just play itself out, her lungs sounded fine. But she gave us an antibiotic to help clear up the ear. So hopefully Lily will be feeling some better in a day or two!

No comments: