Friday, December 26

Christmas

We had a wonderful christmas even though Matt and Lily were both sick. On Christmas Eve, we took Lily to Coleman's Nursery displays. My parents use to take me to this when I was young and it apparently burnt down or something a few years ago but everything that survived, they kept for a museum in Portsmouth. We had lunch and Lily got to look at all the christmas stuff, plus see Santa! Then that afternoon Lily "helped" me make cookies for Santa before it was time to head off to church for the christmas eve service. Of course the night we're gonna be out a little later, Lily either didn't sleep for her afternoon nap or it was very short. I basically heard her jabbering in there almost the whole hour. On the way to church she konked out so she got a little power nap to last her through. She did great during the service all things considered. And she was just the most gorgeous little girl in her beautiful christmas dress! That evening we played our new game, Monopoly. I decided to use one of my sister's traditions in their family - every christmas eve they get to open a gift and it's always a new game. Obviously Lily can't play games yet, so Matt and I got a game we had been wanting. My mom won - anyone that knows her knows that's amazing for monopoly!


Christmas Day Lily was up at her normal time - 8am. We came down and gradually opened presents, taking a break for breakfast. Lily made out! It's SO fun having a child and getting to buy them gifts and see how excited they are about them. Even though Lily doesn't get the concept yet, she still lights up when she sees a new toy she likes! Let's see if I can list some of the stuff she got: Disney princess ride-on, mega blocks, spin and bounce zebra, crayola tadoodles, new books, clothes, her first baby doll, little people school bus, leapfrog caterpillar, big new tug boat bath toy, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting. WOW! And NO, this was not all from us. The grandparents went nuts!


Matt and I got some fun new stuff too. The most exciting one... my parents got us a GPS!! Yeah!! We had mentioned how we wanted one back when we went to Myrtle Beach in September and my dad remembered. I got some house stuff I wanted - new shower curtain liners, bowls, serving spoons. Then 2 Seasons of Friends to add to my collection, puffy vest, several gift cards, and a bunch of scrapbooking stuff.


Matt went and laid down for a nap after presents (which ended up being 4 hours long!), but he didn't feel good so I gave him a break! :) Then that evening we had christmas dinner and my parents had invited a friend couple of theirs whose children were gone this year. They are from the church and were really nice. Then after dinner Matt's parents came over to do presents with us. Lily went to bed, and then all the adults got to play some games.

Today was a fun day. After Lily's morning nap we went to Lowe's to pick out carpet and paint for our first house!! Yeah!!! The church is doing some renovations to the house we will have and told us we can pick out carpet and paint. They are redoing both the bathrooms too. It was SO exciting. I love "house" stuff and could watch HGTV all the time. And I finally get to have a house and be able to do things I've dreamed of!! Yeah!!

This afternoon we're headed to visit with some friends (Calie and Daniel) and their baby girl. Then we're going to a delicious dinner with both sets of parents at Longhorn Steakhouse. YUM! Hope everyone had a merry merry christmas. We'll be heading back to Lynchburg on Sunday.

No comments: