Thursday, December 18

sickness and an ornament

So, my little Lily is sick. I'm pretty sure she caught whatever Ava had while we were down visiting in NC. She has the same exact symptoms - junky cough and a runny nose. Thankfully no fever or anything. She's been pretty clingy and irritable today but I'm sure she's probably not feeling so hot. This morning after she got up she sat with me on the couch almost the whole time until her morning nap! Hopefully she'll get better soon and will feel good for christmas (which is in only 7 days!).

I might have mentioned this before, but every Wednesday my friend Vicky comes over to hang out with Lily after work, have dinner with us, and then the two of us go get coffee and dessert at Starbucks. I look forward to that night every week! I know it does me good. Anyways... Vicky came over last night and had this for me for christmas....
a ceramic Starbucks cup ornament! Isn't it great?! Thought it was so fitting for our relationship. By the way, tried the cream cheese chocolate muffin last night and it was incredible!

1 comment:

The Tylers said...

That is so neat! I love ornaments that have special meaning. Now, no matter where life takes both of you, you will always think of Vicky when you hang that ornament! :)