Thursday, January 1

Mr. Mom

That's what my wonderful hubby was today. Vicky and I went up to Waynesboro for the day today to visit Tara and her brand new baby, Bailey. We had a great time and a fun short road trip together. I realized that this was the longest I've been away from Lily since she was born (a grand total of 8 hours!). I didn't want to take her just because she just got over a cold plus it just takes more work to take her on the road (needs a place to nap, meals, etc.). So Matt graciously took care of our little girl for the day. He does great with Lily of course but I think he's decided a stay at home dad career would not be for him. :) This was his first full day of taking care of her.

Even though I had a great time and LOVED getting to snuggle with a sleeping beautiful baby on my chest, it was great to walk in the door to my hubby and adorable little girl. When I'm away, even for just a few short hours, it always so strongly reminds me just how much I LOVE my family. As soon as I walked in the door Lily's little face just lit up with a big smile and she came rushing over to me. :)

Tara is already doing a super job as mom and functioning REALLY well for just having had a baby and a c-section! Bailey has the cutest chubby cheeks and snuggled right in my chest for a nice nap. Vicky took all the pictures on her camera so as soon as she gets them to me I will post them.

No comments: