Thursday, January 8

blessings, a biting, and coffee

I just have to start this post by saying that I am SO thankful that I serve such a great God!  He continues to prove Himself faithful to not only my immediate family, but extended family and friends too.  I won't go in to details but if you have access to my sister's blog, be sure to check it out today.  God sent her a huge blessing today.  He always seems to come through in the most unique and surprising ways.  I'm so thankful that God has heard her prayers as well as mine.  My sister is the most wonderful sister, mom, wife, and friend I can think of.  She inspires me.  In her mind, I'm sure she can't believe this or see it at all... but it's true.  I'm so proud of my big sister.

In other news for the day... Lily bit me.  It wasn't any light bite either.  She dug in HARD!  I didn't know a 1 year old could hurt someone like that!  I think it was more accidental though.  She was sitting on my lap at the computer and I took her hands away because she was trying to mess with the keyboard.  She got upset and my hand was right by her mouth, so she just clenched down.  I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. :)

Yesterday marked one of my last coffee dates with Vicky.  Only probably 3 more remain.  It SUCKS having to leave good friends and move away.  It's crazy because in college Vicky and I were close but not as close as we are now.  These past 3 years in Lynchburg have really enabled us to spend more time together and become closer.  She is one of those people though that I know I will be close with regardless of distance.  I can count just on one hand the people in my life that I know will be like that for me for the rest of my life.

It's funny because each phase of my life has brought me with one of those goodbyes to my best friends.  In high school it was my sister getting married and moving away.  After college it was my best friend and roommate Tara getting married and moving back to her hometown.  And now it's me moving away from my two closest friends here in Lynchburg, Vicky and Alicia.  I am praying and know that God will provide me a good friend in Virginia Beach though.  He always has put wonderful friends in my life.  And even though we will be moving on to a new phase of life, I know that I can always count on these few wonderful friends that God has given to me no matter what.

1 comment:

the lowe family said...

I understand about the moving away from friends thing. It was hard! But there is so much in store for you guys in the future and it will be so exciting.