Friday, March 27

rainy days and fun with friends

I feel like it has rained or been dreary a LOT more than usual this time of year. I am so very ready for spring and lots of sunshine and warmth! Plus Lily has all these cute spring/summer clothes I can't wait for her to wear. And I'm bored with my winter wardrobe as well. Ready to crack out my rainbow flip flops! Which by the way are the best flip flops EVER! My sister got me in to them. They are much more expensive than the cheapo $5 ones at Old Navy I use to get but they are SO incredibly comfortable and last a very very long time. Plus they mold to your foot as you wear them.

Yesterday evening we had our friends Justin and Dianna over for dinner. They just got married in January and are living in Virginia Beach for the time being. We had a great time with them including watching The Office and eating some delicious smore brownies that Dianna made.

Today me, Lily, and my mom went to Lynnhaven mall to do some shopping and had lunch. I got a cute pair of white flats I can wear with dresses for the summer. And then a few VERY cute things for Lily for the summer. Including this adorable shirt with these shorts from Gymboree. I absolutely LOVE dressing my little girl!! So we had a fun day out.

Then this evening we had our second "dinner for five" for the youth group. Just a chance for a few of the youth group kids to come over to our place, share a meal, have some fun, and get to know us a little better. Lily LOVES having people (especially girls) come over to our house I think. You can tell she loves the attention and is always really silly. Plus she usually crawls up in one of the girls laps and will sit there with them. I'm really glad that she has adapted so well to this new life of ours - a much busier one with a lot more social interaction. She's such a great kid!!

No comments: