Wednesday, March 25

birthday celebration

Yesterday was Matt's birthday. We had a great day until the end. Matt came home for lunch and opened his presents from Lily and me. He got an Ipod Touch! He was VERY excited. I don't usually spend that much money on birthday for him but we weren't able to do christmas presents this past year really and this will sync with his mac well so he can use it for youth group presentations, email, calendar, etc. I love getting him a really good present that he's not expecting - seeing his face light up was wonderful!

Then that evening we had our families and some friends over to have cake and ice cream. We celebrated my birthday partially too since I was sick for mine. Lily and Aaron were having a blast. They just kept chasing each other around. Then when Aaron had to leave and we told them to give each other a kiss and hug they both just went right to each other and wouldn't stop kissing and hugging! It was adorable! We had a great time hanging out with everyone. Steve, Genna, and Terence stayed later and we had a great time talking. It was 11:30PM before we knew it!
After they left, Matt went back to the bathroom. He was back there for awhile and then when he came out he had this AWFUL look on his face and said in a bad voice "I have to tell you something." Then he proceeded to tell me that he was sitting on the toilet playing with his new ipod touch and somehow it fell in. AHH!!! He felt SOOO incredibly bad and was so mad at himself. We checked out the warranty on it but it did not cover accidents/water damage, etc. Plus there's apparently some indicator on the bottom that turns pink when there is water damage and yes, it had turned pink. We thought we were doomed and had just had a whole bunch of money "thrown down the toilet." So I decided to go try and see if I could return/exchange it at Costco today since they have a 90 day return window for electronics. I told the lady that it wasn't working now and had locked up and she just returned it, no questions asked!!! I was SOOOOO excited!!! So I was able to get Matt a new one that works. I told him not to take it anywhere near water ever again!

Today Mary and Abby came over for a playdate. We had a great time and the girls played really well together despite both wanting the baby dolls! They are really cute together.And finally... is she not the most adorable little girl ever??!!Giving kisses..dressed up for church...

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Put those cute piggie-tails in Lily's hair every day, cause in a year or two, she won't let you! Ahhh, I miss being able to "style" my child! And throwing the Touch in the potty!!!??? That's something Chris would do because you know how he freakin camps out on the toilet for hours on his stupid Blackberry or laptop! Oh & it is TOTALLY cute she will say my name :)