Friday, March 20

being fed and feeding others

Lately I have felt like I need to be spiritually fed more. Even though we are obviously involved in church stuff a lot now, I still am craving like a small group bible study atmosphere where I can really dive in to the Bible and learn more. I am a BIG fan of small groups.

I also have felt like I don't have anything that I'm pouring myself in to, a purpose or calling that God has given me to do in this season of my life. That's not to say that I don't have things going on that I participate in and help out with. The big purpose of my life right now is raising my child (and future children). I believe that God called me to be a full time stay at home mom. I absolutely love it and feel that it's the most important task for my life right now. Sometimes though the importance and value of that gets overlooked and moms can feel worthless. So as a side note, to all you moms out there, keep up the great work. It might seem like your day to day same old same old is not meaning anything, but it IS! You are raising your kids to become fully functioning adults that can bring others to Christ! I'm also involved with the youth group. I can't do as much as some of the other leaders or be at youth group every week though because taking care of Lily does come first. But I do love getting to help out and being part of these young girls lives!

I still feel like I'm missing something though. Now my first and second paragraphs might sound like two opposite things - feeling the need to be fed, and feeling the need to give. But really they can come together. I've been praying and thinking about possibly starting up a small group bible study during the week for women around my age and more specifically targeting young moms. I feel like there is a lack of outreach to this age at our church right now and I want to be a catalyst in doing something. Leading a small group can be a daunting task and something that I'm not completely comfortable with but I still feel this burden. This can also be the outlet I need for spiritual feeding. I have to do prep work which gets me studying more and it also would provide interaction and fellowship each week with other believers.

So I'm asking my blog readers to be praying that God would show me if this is something I should do or not. And if it is, being able to find other young women that want to be a part and figuring out how to provide childcare so those that have young kids can come to it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! I think moms, especially, sometimes get so busy doing for others that we forget we need feeding ourselves. I'll be praying for you that God gives you a clear direction and the wisdom to follow it. Sounds like you have your priorities straight and a wonderful heart for God and others.

Just remember, God doesn't ask about our ability, but our AVAILability.

LoweFamily said...

That was encouraging to read! It's so funny because I have been thinking the same thing, and my senior pastor actually brought up to me the other day about leading a ladies Bible study for my age range. I am completely freaked out about the thought because something not so great happened the last time I tried to. I won't go into detail but if you are wondering send me a message because it may help you in your time in preparation for that.