Sunday, October 5

sunday

We've had a great week. I always can't figure out where the times goes because I realize all of a sudden that I haven't blogged in a few days. Lily keeps me on my toes!
To update on the sippy cup/bedtime bottle status... My plan worked great. I give Lily her evening bottle now at 6:30 before we start bedtime routine. It worked out great and she had no trouble going to bed as usual. She's also begun to push her nap times back since she is gaining the capability to stay awake longer so the past week she's been going to bed closer to 7:30 and has done great with that as well. So now she has a morning and evening bottle and then during the day it's just sippy cups. Yeah Lily! We're officially on the 3 meals a day plus snack in between schedule.
The next issue this week was halloween costume. I had decided a few weeks ago to get this beautiful gymboree pumpkin costume for Lily this year and purchased it on ebay a week or so ago. It was GORGEOUS! I didn't even consider how it was designed though and the fact that she's 10 months old. I tried to put it on her and she FREAKED out. She did not like all that fluff around her neck - she felt lost in it. There went all my well laid plans. So I thankfully sold it back on ebay for what I bought it for, no loss there. Then went to Target to start hunting again for something that would be comfortable for her. I looked in the halloween section but nothing struck me. I hate most of the cheesy infant costumes that they make. So then I decided to try looking in the regular kids clothes section. And BINGO!! They had these adorable pink tutu's with matching leggings. It was decided. Lily would be a beautiful little ballerina. I got a plain white long sleeve onesie for the top and she already had these slippers that look like ballerina shoes. Plus it's not a waste of money because all the parts she can use/wear again! Here is a preview although she doesn't have the right white onesie on - that's an older short sleeve one.
One day last week Vicky came over after work so she could hang out with Lily for a little while. Then she had dinner with us and we went out for coffee. We did that a week or so ago and realized we should be going out for coffee together more. So hopefully it will be a weekly tradition!

Yesterday was pumpkin patch day. We took Lily to the pumpkin patch so she could pick out her first real pumpkin. They had these ones that were already painted and I noticed one that had Tigger on it. If you're not a faithful blog reader, Lily LOVES tigger. I knew that was going to be the one and as soon as I held it up for her she got so excited!! SO cute! She loves just patting her pumpkin and sometimes trying to eat the stem.
Last night my friend Tina from church had a girls night at her place. We had a great time. It's always so refreshing just to spend some quality time with some girl friends.

This morning was church. Our church celebrated 50 years today as well as 100 years for the Nazarene denomination. Lily had fun in the nursery as usual and I'm always refreshed by being in the service. We seem to go a lot on weekends and I always really miss church when I'm not there. Then this afternoon we headed to Peaks View Park for the church picnic. We had a great time and Lily got to hang out with "auntie" vicky some more while chowing down on a big helping of homemade mac'n'cheese.
Well... off to relax for the evening and gear up for another week. I'm looking forward to this coming weekend though. We'll be headed to virginia beach because Matt's aunt and uncle who live in Australia (where Matt's mom grew up as well) are here visiting for the first time! Matt hasn't seen them since he was only 2 so this really is more like a first meeting for the both of us. We're really excited.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you blogged, I can now start my week.