Saturday, October 25

family overload

Yes... I still have family staying at my place. My parents got here on Monday. They came to go with me to get pictures done and then for me to be able to substitute teach. They had no end date to leave and I had a few things to get done so I told them to leave Friday. So half the issue was me! Then Matt's dad and Jake were coming up for the LU football game today and we had assumed they were coming today (Saturday). So I figured that we would at least have one down day/night between family. That wasn't the case. They came up yesterday and got here like 2 hours after my parents left. I had a bit of a breakdown last night after we went to bed. It wouldn't be quite as bad if we had a bigger place and could essentially "get away" from others in the house. But we're all right here in the living room. I just have to tell myself only 1 more night/day! Then we're just us again!

To update from my previous blog about the neighbors... no knocks on our door since then thankfully. I have prepared my "speech" for when/if they come the next time. So here it is. Let me know what you think.

"We have been kindly trying to keep the noise down as much as possible even though we don't have to do this in the first place but like I said before there is nothing I can do about the noises that come from normal daily living. My daughter is 11 months old and she's only going to get louder as she grows once she starts running around. If you have a concern in the future, please take it to the clubhouse or move to a 3rd story apartment but do not disturb as at our home again." The question will be if I remember what I want to say when it comes time. :)

After the day I substitute taught, we pretty much did errand running. I had my appointment to get our WIC checks, did a little shopping for Lily, got groceries, and a few other things. Today is supposed to be Lily's first Liberty football game but I'm not gonna be able to take her if it's still raining. :( So we'll wait and see.

This coming week should be fun! Matt starts his new schedule (7:30 to 3:00) on Monday. Yeah!!! I'm so happy he'll be getting home MUCH earlier and we can actually have dinner together as a family now. Wednesday night is Lily's first Trunk or Treat at church. Guess mommy and daddy get to eat her candy this year! Thursday evening is Andi's 1st birthday party (Lily's bf). I can't believe that our girls are turning 1 year old!! I've started working on Lily's bday party planning. We're gonna have it on Saturday at the clubhouse which will be nice and offer lots more room. Her actual birthday is Friday though so we're gonna do something small with just our parents if they want to be there that day - cake and maybe a present or two.

Off to entertain family....

No comments: