Thursday, October 30

breaking christmas rules and trunk or treat

I'm currently sitting here drinking a cup of coffee with gingerbread cream and listening to christmas music. Yes, you heard correctly. My personal rule for christmas music is November 1st but I just couldn't wait. I woke up to a chilly morning, saw the creamer, and just did it. The current selection on itunes: Baby It's Cold Outside from the Elf Soundtrack. VERY good song! I love that movie and the soundtrack.

Yesterday evening we headed to church for Lily's 1st trunk or treat. We had to bundle her up in a coat so she couldn't quite show off her cute ballerina outfit but that's okay. She held her bucket upright the whole time for people to put candy in. I couldn't believe it! No, Lily can't eat candy yet but we figured next year she will eat it so we should get to treat ourselves this year. Plus, I never got to trick or treat as a child so I deserve it!
When we got home, Matt and I got out of the car and then he went to go get Lily out. Well before he could open the door there was a scary cat that climbed up on top of the car. I was like um.... we need to get our child out. Matt finally got it go away. Then Lily had a hay day at home just playing with all the candy in her bucket. One lady actually had goldfish cracker packs so Lily was able to eat something.
This evening is Andi's first birthday party! I can't believe our little baby girls are turning 1!! Where has the time gone?! It's hard to imagine this time last year that Lily was in my belly just a tiny 6 pound 4 ouncer! I wasn't really sad/sentimental until today. I guess it's cause Alicia and Andi have been a big part of our lives this past year and Lily has been able to share her first year of life with her little friend Andi. Well... enough of the sentimentalness (don't think that's a word). I'll save it for 3 weeks from now when Lily has her first birthday.

And finally a cute pic of my little Lily in her new warm pj's:

1 comment:

Dawn said...

It's called sentimentality dummy! ;)