Thursday, June 11

time flies

The closer and closer we get to the brazil missions trip, the busier and busier it seems to have gotten. I don't know how much of that is us getting involved in more things or just brazil busyness. Guess we'll see what happens after the trip! Here's what this past week has entailed...

Thursday was a playdate in the morning with Lyz and Brooklyn. The girls had fun together and we went over the neighborhood park. Then that evening Matt and I went out with Mary and Chris. We had dinner at Friday's and then saw Star Trek. We had a blast and it was so nice to go out on a date night with another friend couple. By the way, I do not like the typical older star trek stuff but this movie was AMAZING! And if you know my taste in movies, me saying a movie like that was amazing is a big thing!

Friday morning I had work which went well. My parents hung out here for awhile. Then that evening we had a few youth group kids over to watch a movie (Paul Blart: Mall Cop). I made some delicious brownies and Matt made this really good queso dip.

Saturday morning Matt had Brazil practice at church so Lily and I went over and hung out there for awhile. Sunday morning was church, came home for lunch/nap, and then headed over to the church to watch the jumping practice for brazil. One of the kids ended up dislocating his shoulder really badly. Thankfully he's okay and the doctors were able to get it back in to place. Matt's parents watched Lily that evening so I could go to youth group. Then we went to Applebee's afterwards to hang out with our youth crew (jon/ashley, steve/genna).

Monday morning we all got to lazy around since there was finally nothing going on. We stayed in our pj's probably until 11am. I realized that morning though that Lily had a fever - her first one ever actually. She didn't really have any other symptoms though. That afternoon we went and hung out at Todd's house (the kid who got hurt who is also the pastor's son). Then Matt had to go to Board Meeting at church in the evening.

Tuesday morning Lily still had a fever and didn't want to eat breakfast so I decided to make an appointment to get her checked out. My mom ended up coming with me to help entertain lily at the office. The doc checked her out and she had an ear infection. So we got her on amoxocillin. Lily HATES the doctor now. Then that afternoon I got the house ready for small group. We had 13 people at "small" group that night and we had a great time!! Plus there was 2 that weren't even there that night. Yay!! We stayed up late talking with some people and didn't get to bed until 1AM - I felt that the next morning!

Wednesday was supposed to be youth leaders meeting. I had planned to take Lily over to grandma and grandpa's to hang out there. She was going to nap there and then they were gonna bring her back before church that evening. Well I got to their house to drop her off and I get a call from matt saying he had to go to D.C. and wanted me to go with him. He also had to be there by 3PM and it was already 11AM! Genna and Steve ended up going with us too. My parents watched Lily and then brought her back to our house for bedtime. She did great with them even though she was still clingy because of being sick (still had a fever). We had a great 7 hours or so of driving up and back. D.C. traffic is RIDICULOUS. I would never want to live there.

This morning we had playdate with Mary and Abby. The girls played good together except Lily was still pretty clingy to me. She finally didn't have a fever though this morning! This afternoon we played outside for awhile and got to use Lily's new water play table that I bought her. Then me and Lily went over to nana and papa's house for dinner. Matt had to work a homeless shelter feeding. Lily had fun playing with Aaron.

Here's hoping that tomorrow Lily is much less clingy than she has been. All I've heard is "mommy mommy." She wants me to hold her a lot and go with her everywhere to play.

The next few days don't seem to let up any: Tomorrow is work in the morning and then matt and I are going to a graduation for one of the kids in the evening. Saturday morning is brazil practice and then we have 2 graduation parties to go to. Sunday is church, brazil meeting, and then pool party. AAHHH!!! This might be a boring blog post because I just rambled on about everything we've done. But it should prove my point of how busy things are right now! Be praying for Matt and the brazil missions trip!!

No comments: