Saturday, June 6

funny and bashful lily

I realized today that we have to start being more careful about words we say around Lily now! We were in the car this afternoon and in conversation, Matt said "oh gosh." Well what do we hear from the backseat right after he says that? "Oh gosh." Yes - that came out of Lily's mouth. Not that it's a bad word or phrase, it's just weird hearing my little 18 month old say that!

Then this evening we were trying to figure out what to do for dinner. I was on the pizza hut website and said we could get the pasta's with mac'n'cheese. Lily looks at me and says "cheese?!" She was excited. Then Matt asked "who wants cheese for dinner?" Lily says "ummmmmm.... me!" It was HILARIOUS! She actually answered a question that didn't require a yes/no answer whether she knew it or not! And then to top that story off.... when the pizza guy got here and gave us our stuff she immediately starts saying "pizza, pizza!" We don't get pizza that often so I don't know how she's so smart and figures that out.

Lily knows the word burger now. This might not seem funny or blog worthy, but it's hilarious hearing her say it. It reminds me of how Steve Martin from Pink Panther says it. So cute!

As I've said before, Lily is very opinionated now. She's only 18 months old but she has this one pair of shoes that she LOVES and always wants to wear. If I try to put other ones on her she freaks out and says "pink" for them. She also sometimes picks something out of the drawer and wants to wear that. I never knew this was going to start this early!

Who knew that Lily would be a bashful kid. Once she knows you she's a crazy wild toddler. But when she's around a large group of people or strangers, she's very leary of them and sticks with me. She gives any stranger that talks to her this like blank stare. Very funny! I guess that's good that she doesn't like strangers! :)

No comments: