Sunday, November 2

Merry Christmas!

Yes, the christmas season has officially started for me. My hubby and friends think I'm crazy but that's okay. Each year Matt gets me a new christmas cd on November 1st (the day I start listening to christmas music). That's pure love right there... buying me something that will make me happy but drive him crazy! So merry christmas everyone! Hope I was the first to wish you that.

We didn't end up going to see my sister and her family this weekend because her hubby and Ava are both sick. BLAH! My sister had just mentioned this past week that we had to take advantage of the weekends that everyone in our families (a total of 8 people now between me and my sister!) is well. And then what happens... someone goes and gets sick! We're hopefully going to be able to go though not this coming weekend but the next. Everyone just needs to get/stay well!

Friday evening we just stayed in for halloween. Lily had already gone to trunk or treat at church on Wednesday evening and then we were out Thursday evening for Andi's bday party so we needed a break! Yesterday we went to Sam's to get some things we needed and then that afternoon I took Lily to the park in our complex. She had lots of fun crawling around everywhere!
Vicky came over around dinnertime yesterday and hung out with me and Lily and even brought us some delicious Dairy Queen. Then I watched 27 dresses (love that movie!) while Matt watched a big football game. Yesterday night was the big time change so I put Lily down almost an hour later (a little before 9) in hopes she would wake up at her normal time (8AM). I've been loving this wake up time by the way! Well.. no luck, she woke up about 7 but since she was content and not making much noise I left her in there until 8. Then today I've kept on her normal nap times (10 and 2). So hopefully tonight will go well and she'll actually wake up tomorrow about 8. Or maybe my luxury of sleeping in more will be gone and I'll have to start getting up at 7. I know some of you other moms reading this are thinking "oh you poor thing you might have to get up at 7." Haha! I've had it good I must admit.

I tried changing out Lily's last bottle of formula (one when she wakes) today for her sippy with milk and that was a no go. She's done great with switching to sippy with cow's milk for the entire rest of the day but this one she did not want any part of. So for now I'll keep that bottle of formula in the morning. Not a big deal though because she's ahead of the game really in that department anyways. New Lily achievements: she can stack the rings on the stacker (on and off) now, puts objects in and out of things, and "throws" things for fun (intentionally will drop the ball and we'll say "bang"). She thinks that last one is hilarious!

I would also like to comment on the flu shot. I am very adamant about getting it because if there's no harm in getting it then why wouldn't you want to potentially keep yourself (or more importantly your child) from getting the flu?! Well... my husband feels quite differently on this subject. He's never had the flu shot and supposedly has never had the flu. He keeps trying to say that you can get the flu from the flu shot and that's why he doesn't get it. This is MISINFORMATION though!! I just read an article the other day on MSNBC about how people are not getting the shot because they think this but it's WRONG! It wouldn't be as big a deal to me if we didn't have Lily. But when you have kids they strongly recommend that you get the flu shot to help protect your child from it. So I'm still trying to work on my husband to get it although I don't think it's going to work.

Well... off to relax while Lily is napping. Only one more week until Matt's interview!!!!

3 comments:

Calie & Daniel said...

I never get the flu shot because I think it's kind of pointless.... What I read was that there are so many different strands of the influenza virus, and the vaccine only immunizes you from one strand. So I never saw the point (and I've never gotten the flu). But that was just my perspective :)

LoweFamily said...

Jared and I both got the flu shot a couple weeks ago. I agree with you on the fact that this is good to protect your child. I wouldn't have been so picky about it if we didn't have a baby, but this year I made sure to get it! It also did NOT give us flu symptoms, that is a wives tale. All I did was have a very sore arm :-)

Laura said...

I have officially started listening to Christmas music as of this week! You are not crazy! I understand, and am actually contemplating whether to put up my tree this weekend. Partly because the next few weekends are busy, and I want it up when I come home from Thanksgiving in VA! Yay for Christmas!