Sunday, November 16

man groomer, HSN, and a yummy dinner

So yesterday we were at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and Matt saw this thing called "the man groomer." It's like a man's razor but on a long foldup arm so you can reach all down your back. I think it was one of the funniest items I have ever seen in my life. The picture on the box was HILARIOUS! If I had more money, I would get it as a joke gift for someone in my family.

Then yesterday evening while I was trying to convince Matt to watch a christmas movie with me, he had stopped on the Home Shopping Network. HSN is obviously not a new thing but for some reason yesterday it had us intrigued - basically because it was absurd. Esteben was on there and some lady trying to sell his guitars. We probably watched it for a good 20 minutes. It gave us a good laugh. Anyways.... that to say that I decided that I would like to be one of the ladies on HSN who sells crap. Yes, I might be crazy but I think it would be a hilarious job to have. So that was my reveletion.

Then last night after HSN I finally got Matt to agree to watch a christmas movie with me. So we cracked out "Elf" (one of my favorite cmas movies although I love ANY cmas movies!). Matt had made a homemade apple pie too so I warmed some up with vanilla ice cream - delicious. I absolutely LOVE that my husband is such an inventive good cook!

And speaking of cooking... Matt is making a big pork bbq for dinner along with pasta salad and some fried pickles. Yes, FRIED pickles! We had them for the first time at a restaurant down in Myrtle Beach and they were delicious! So Matt's trying it out today. Vicky and Evan (her brother) are coming over too to hang out and have dinner with us.

Only 5 days until Lily's 1st Birthday! I have to go shopping this week for decorations. I bought her this birthday crown and have been trying to get her use to wearing something on her head this week in hopes that she'll keep it on. Don't think that's gonna happen though! She loves when I put it on her head and thinks it's funny to take it off - go figure.

And finally... one of Lily's favorite new things to do is take ALL the dvd's off the rack. We have this tall metal tower that has all our dvd's in it and she is constantly taking all of them out and hurling them. I've decided that I should just leave them out on the floor instead of having to always put them back. Guess that would take her fun out of it though, huh?

No comments: