Sunday, May 18

Wyndfest and church nursery

Yesterday was a GORGEOUS day! So we headed out to Wyndfest (a big festival in Wyndhurst - a nice "planned" community in Lynchburg with housing/stores, etc.). Lily wore the most adorable little hat - SO cute!! We had a great time and Lily had fun. The only part she didn't like was the VERY loud music up on the stage. She freaked out about that - but loved everything else. We had lunch, got free snow cones, looked around at all the booths set up outside, and Lily got her picture with the batman car. :) So it was a very fun day.
Today I finally got up the courage to put Lily in the nursery for church. She is at the point now that she's just too distracting for me to get anything out of church. She's not just a tiny newborn that sleeps the whole time!! Vicky and the two other girls in the baby room today were all people I knew and felt comfortable with so I thought it would be a good first week to try it out. Lily did great - had her bottle and played. I also did good - yeah for me! Lily took her nap in the car and then we had lunch at Olive Garden with a gift card we still had from my birthday. Tonight Vicky is coming over after Lily goes to bed to stay with her so Matt and I can go out just the two of us.

Lily's updates: She is sitting up really well now on her own! We juts put a pillow behind her so if she topples it's a soft landing. Hopefully soon we can start doing a highchair when we go out!
So that's all about our fun weekend! Unfortunately it's always over too soon but next weekend is a long one! Yeah!!

No comments: