Friday, May 30

the past week

Like I said in the last post, this past week has been a very busy one! Let's see if I can remember everything...

Last weekend Matt's parents came to visit us and they brought Aaron, our nephew. It was a crowded house but we had lots of fun! Saturday we went walking on Percival's Island, part of the Blackwater Creek Trail in Lynchburg. It was a gorgeous beautiful day for it except for the fact that a VERY loud train blew it's horn repeatedly going by and woke my sleeping Lily up! How dare that train! :)
On Sunday, Matt's mom and I went shopping at the mall and then later we went walking around Wyndhurst with everyone and got ice cream at the DELICIOUS Mountain Frost Creamery. It's my favorite place for ice cream and their grapefruit sorbet is AMAZING! Then on Monday we went and had a big breakfast at Bob Evans. Lily got to sit in a restaurant high chair for the first time! She did great except for the fact that she gets bored very easily and didn't want to sit in there for very long. That afternoon we went to the pool for the first time this summer and Lily had her first pool experience! She did surprisingly well. Our pool is heated so the water wasn't too cold for her. She wasn't a big fan of the float because I think it made her feel very unstable, but she did great when we were holding her. This stupid kids kept coming over near us though and splashing around!
Lily has also tried some new foods - carrots and sweet potatoes so far. She loved both! She also is eating food with two of her meals - the new tasty food at one and rice cereal at the other.Tuesday was recovery day from the busy weekend and cleaning up. Wednesday I didn't feel so hot - scratchy throat and runny nose, but I feel better now. It might just be the weather since it was so nasty that day. Thursday Lily and I went out to a few stores and of course for our daily walk. And today is.... FRIDAY!! Yeah for Friday!!! I'm going to go for a walk and then Lily and I are going to head down to the pool for a dip.

We have another busy weekend planned. Tomorrow we are going to meet Tara and Anthony in Charlottesville for the day - do a little shopping, have lunch, check out a car seat I think might be the winner. By the way, if anyone said that choosing a convertible car seat would be easy - they are WRONG. Who knew that something seemingly so simple could be so complex if you really research! We're also going to try and catch up later that afternoon with Calie and Daniel (Calie is a friend of ours from high school). She just found out she's having a girl! Everyone I know is having girls!!! I love having a girl - it's so much fun!
Also, for those of you who haven't heard.... Tara (my best friend from college) is PREGNANT!!! Yeah!!!!!!!! I am SO excited for her and can't wait to share the experience of being a mother with her. She is going to be such a great mom. They went for their first official appointment this past week and got to hear the baby's heartbeat - so amazing. I remember how crazy that was and realizing that there was a living little human being inside of me. What a GREAT God we have!!

And finally (if you think it can't get anymore exciting, it can!).... my sister's babies (boy/girl twins) will be delivered by c-section this MONDAY!! Only 3 more days! I can hardly believe the time is already here. I can't wait to meet them and hold them!! We'll be going down next weekend to see them. I can't believe her Ava (my niece and dawn's little girl) is already 4 years old!! When did she grow up so fast?! Look at how GREAT she looks for full term with twins:
Well, that's a lot for you to take in. I'm going to get ready for the pool and our fun weekend! For your enjoyment... Daddy's little eagles fan (SO CUTE):

No comments: