Thursday, May 1

a busy few days

Lots to talk about!! First I will recap our last two days. Yesterday we went with Alicia and Andi to the mall. Alicia is going to Mexico for a wedding and she needed to find a dress. So we had fun shopping and then had lunch. Then today Lily and I went to a few stores together and this afternoon went walking in Wyndhurst with Alicia and Andi. While we were walking, this girl who was walking her little boy stopped and asked us if Lily and Andi were twins. HA! That's funny. They look NOTHING alike! Anyways, it gave us a good laugh.

Yesterday Matt got a letter from his work saying that due to a budget deficit at the agency, they are going to be cutting out some of their sick leave and all personal leave as well as only giving a 1% increase in pay (they usually get 4% a year). ARGH! Anyways it made us both very not happy. We were planning on using his increase this year to pay for his school loan payments which will be starting again once he graduates from seminary (August). I guess God will provide. He always has so far and I just have to trust that it's going to work out.


My sister has a scheduled due date. I don't know if I already talked about this, but if not her official c-section date and babies birthday is going to be June 2nd! Yeah!!! As always, that is pending that nothing happens sooner!


We have a busy weekends coming up that I am very excited about!! Tomorrow, Tara and Anthony are coming in to town and will be staying the night with us. Then on Saturday Lily is going to get her pictures done at Sears! I'm so excited because it's been too long since she had them done last and she's a different little baby now! Saturday afternoon all my girl friends from college and our families are having a cookout at Peaks View Park. It will be so great to have everyone together again and a bunch of them haven't seen Lily in awhile either.


Lily has been doing quite a few new things too. I know for sure that she really recognizes her name now. It's SO cute how she turns and looks for us whenever we call her name. By the way, I LOVE her name. I'm so happy that we picked that and it just fits her so good. She's also figuring out that you can actually jump in the jumperoo. She won't do two feet at a time but she wobbles back and forth alternating between the two legs. It's hilarious seeing how excited she gets! Last night we put Lily in her big girl bathtub for the first time. It's one of the inflatable kind that you can put in the bathtub. She did great and I think really loved it since she had more freedom to explore!
As I said, lots of news! We've had a great week and I'm excited for the weekend to start!

1 comment:

The Tylers said...

That picture is so cute! She is getting so big! :(