Thursday, May 15

lots to say, little time

Things are finally settling down from the past week so I have a chance to blog now! There's so much I have wanted to talk about but I probably won't remember half of it. That's the problem with not blogging for a week!

Saturday morning we headed out for our weekend trip to Va Beach. The trip went well and Lily slept for a good portion of it. That afternoon Matt's mom, me, and Lily went to Babies'R'Us. I LOVE that store. I sure wish we had one here cause it's baby heaven!! There's so many more things/options there then just at a regular store or even baby depot (which we have). Matt's mom got Lily a bunch of cute new clothes, diapers, and a SWEET new diaper bag. I have been looking for a new diaper bag and this one is AMAZING. It has a bunch of pockets for everything you could think of which I LOVE. I am a very organized person as most of you know, so having all those pockets for things is very exciting. It also has hooks that attach to your stroller so when you pull you stroller out you just clip the bag on to them - way cool. Anyways, I'm VERY satisfied so far with that purchase. That evening and pretty much the rest of the weekend we were all playing Mario Kart Wii. That is a sweet game and so much fun!

Sunday was, of course, Mother's Day. We had a GREAT one. Matt preached for both services at Suburban and did a great job of course. I'm very proud of him and see how God flows through him when he's speaking. It was very special for him to be able to do that on my first mother's day. Lily actually konked out on my shoulder during the invitation - SO adorable. She usually never does that as she's very interested in her surroundings - so it was a special mother's day treat for me to hold my sleeping baby. Then we went to lunch with Matt's family and my parents. It was great getting to be with all our extended family. That afternoon we did gifts - Lily (with the help of Matt) got me the most adorable card and "signed" her name and then got me this BEAUTIFUL necklace that says "mom" on it. He actually had also gotten me a Vera Bradley diaper bag in mod floral pink (which was what I had been saying I really wanted but then found the one at babies'r'us). So sweet that he remembered!! It was a GREAT mother's day.
On Monday, Matt's mom babysat Lily in the morning so Matt and I could go and meet up with Jerry Flug for breakfast (our old youth pastor and now friend). It was great cause we haven't had a chance to sit down and talk with him in a long time. I couldn't believe how old his kids are getting!! Then we went to lunch with Matt's mom (she took off since we were in town) and then to a few stores. Another great fun day!

Tuesday morning I packed up while Matt had lunch with Todd Haynes (youth pastor at SCC), saw my parents for a bit to say goodbye, and then headed for home. The trip home was NOT good!! The few days before that Lily had been grunting/pushing like she had to poop but hardly anything was coming out. Well, I *think* she was constipated and all of a sudden midway through the trip in no-man's land, she starts screaming and crying really really hard. Nothing we were doing would calm her down. It was nuts cause we were trying to figure out what was wrong on the side of the road. I started freaking out cause I didn't know if something was REALLY wrong with her. I called the pediatrician and they said we could put brown sugar in her bottle or for immediate relief we could use "babylax" (a glycerin suppository for babies). Well, we found a gas station and got directions to the nearest pharmacy/walmart. On the way to walmart though Lily finally konked out probably from all the crying. So we got the babylax and just kept driving cause we didn't want to disturb her. After we finally got home, we gave it to her and she went probably 15-20 minutes later. Yesterday she was still out of sorts though and had spells of the hard crying like something was wrong. She was a bit better today so I'm hoping whatever was wrong is going away?? It's hard not being able to have your baby tell you exactly what's wrong sometimes.
Yesterday was recuperation day. Unpacked, did some laundry, rested. Today Vicky came over for awhile which is always a treat and then Lily and I went on a walk. I LOVE the warmer weather so we can go out and walk. We pretty much go walking any day that it is nice. Tonight is the season finale of The Office. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that show!!! And tonight we get an hour of it!
Lily's Accomplishments: She can now stand up by herself holding on to something (the couch, etc.). I also tried rice cereal again today and this time she definitely LOVED it! She opened up her mouth for every bite and ate the whole thing that I made. So we finally have success in the eating from a spoon department!!
Well, I'm sure you are tired of reading now and I am tired of typing. So I will now wait patiently for the office to come on while eating my delicious cheese danish!
P.S. - This was originally written last night but pics wouldn't upload until this morning!

No comments: