Tuesday, May 20

haircut and a few other things

The big news for today... I got my haircut! And.... I LOVE it!!! The girl did such a great job just like Alicia said she would. She put in layers which I don't think I have ever had and they look great! I always thought that layers would make your hair more voluminous (which I definitely DON'T need). But I was wrong, she said they actually help to cut some of the volume. I think it looks great and Matt LOVES it too! :) I took one picture but it definitely doesn't do the haircut justice. Oh well, you can get the jist. If you know my hair, you should be amazed at how thin it looks!! Alicia said I had to promote her on my friend list since she did such a good job recommending me to the hairstylist. :) She's already pretty high up on the list but for what it's worth, Alicia - you can consider yourself promoted - haha. She got her hair cut too and we took turns watching the girls. They both did good considering they were cooped up in once place for about an hour!
After that we had lunch at Hickory Farms - YUMMM! If you live in Lynchburg and you've never had a pita from that place, you are missing out and need to go ASAP! They are so delicious. Unfortunately, today was not as good a day there because our pita breads were both broken at the bottom and falling apart. :( Oh well, still good in my mouth!!

Then Lily and I went to Target to do a little shopping and I got her a baby float with a sunshade for the pool! Yeah!! Don't know if I mentioned this or not, but as long as the pool isn't too cold, we're going to try and take her this weekend. Our pool here is supposedly heated so we'll see. Then we headed home and went for a walk later this afternoon.
Lily did a great job today in working on the whole crawling thing. The past few days she's really been working to try and get her legs up under her so she can get on all fours. It's so funny because as soon as she gets her legs under her and then tries to push up on her arms, the legs go back down. :) She's trying though! We also played musical intruments today too - haha. My sister got me this Bee Bop Band music toy that will last as a toy for a long time. It has a bunch of different things in it - drumsticks, tambourine, shaker, etc. Ava (my niece) has gotten great use out of it. So Lily attempted to play the drums today. :)
I know I said I was going to blog today about something spiritual that's been on my mind lately but I want to spend some time with the hubby and American Idol comes on in 6 minutes!! Yeah!!! But be on the lookout, I will do it soon!!

2 comments:

The Tylers said...

I LOVE Hickory Farms... frustration of frustrations... Subway too... ahh, it's killing me! :)

The Tylers said...

Haha, obviously I didn't mean ramen and coffee are the only ways you have changed my life. It's just interesting how friends change every aspect of our lives, whether big or small. :)