Wednesday, August 6

so much to write, so little time

It seems like the past week has flown by with so much going on around here. This past weekend Matt's parents came to visit. So Lily got some Nana and Papa time in. She was actually scared of her Papa for the first few minutes but then warmed up to him great! She is increasingly wary of men that aren't her daddy! Saturday we went to the mall and had a great dinner out at Olive Garden. Lily graciously hit the peaches I was feeding her and it got ALL over me! Oh the joys of parenthood. She did really well though for the length of time we were there plus having poor naps that day. Sunday we skipped church (yes, bad us) and went to the pool for awhile. Then we had a yummy lunch from Dickey's. They have the best sides - fried okra, mac and cheese, green beans... YUMMY! So we had a great visit with them!

And on to fun new Lily news.... She has her second bottom tooth now! It popped through yesterday. Those little things are SHARP if she bites down on you! If you look closely you might be able to see her first bottom tooth in this picture:
I gave her yogurt for the first time the other day and she loved it. And Lily can now turn the pages in her books when we're reading together now! I noticed it the other day. If I hold the page up a little bit she reaches and turns it for us. SOO cute!! She's also started taking a few crawls up off her belly now. The majority of the time though she still just army crawls. I guess that's her favorite way to do it! Finally, Lily has new cute big girl pj's from grandma. The shorts and top are so cute and she looks so grown up:

A bad mommy report... Lily got her first boo boo on her face the other day. I had laid her on the bed to change her clothes and she grabbed a coat hanger that was laying there. I guess it had some sharp edge on it and it scratched down her cheek. :( She actually didn't scream bloody murder like I would have thought. She cried for a second and then was okay. I'm hoping it's better by Saturday because we are scheduled to have pictures done that day! If not, I guess we'll have to reschedule.

Now.. I'm off to get my hair cut! Let's hope it's a good one!

No comments: