Thursday, August 21

Celebrations x 3!!!

We have two BIG celebrations today!! First.... Matt is officially a seminary graduate! He finished everything up last night and got his grades today. I'm so incredibly proud of him because he has not only worked full time and taken care of his family, but completed his Masters in the meantime! He put a lot of hard work in to this and we're hoping that this will help launch him and us in to a new phase of life. Be praying that God would open up the right door for us! In the meantime, we patiently wait...

Second... Our little Lily turned 9 months old today! I say this all the time but the time has flown. Before I know it we will be celebrating her first birthday. I can't imagine life without her now. Like the saying goes, having a child is like having your heart walk outside your body. My mom always told me I wouldn't know how much she loved me until I had my own children.... and she was right. It's the most incredible wonderful love and to think that God loves us even more!! I'm so thankful for Lily. Parenting is hard work but I wouldn't trade it for the world!

We went for her 9 month well check-up today too. The pediatrician we have started seeing now is great! He really takes his time and has such a great personality. I poured out all my gazillion questions to him and he patiently answered all of them for me. I was probably in there talking to him for at least a half hour. Hey... might as well get our money's worth! Everything about Lily is great. She now weighs 20 pounds 11 ounces (75th percentile) and is 28.75 inches long(75th percentile). Her growth curve is right on target.

I realized I also have a 3rd celebration today! My best friend Tara had her ultrasound today (22 weeks) and baby girl Tyler looks great! She's healthy and growing well. I'm so excited for her and so happy that God has blessed them with this sweet baby girl! You're going to be a great mom Tara!!

I will leave you with a cute bathtime picture and a playing in the laundry picture of my adorable little Lily:

No comments: