Sunday, August 10

chicken and waffles, haircut, and bathtime

I got my haircut Wednesday and I absolutely love it! This new girl that I've started going to does such a great job. It is more expensive than I've ever paid for a haircut but it is completely and totally worth it. We don't splurge on many things right now because money is tight, but this is an exception. I kept trying to get Lily to get her picture with me to show off my haircut but she wouldn't cooperate. So here's me with a turned around Lily. :)
The other night Matt decided to make chicken and waffles for dinner. I had never heard about this until we saw a food network throwdown challenge on it. It inspired Matt and the great chef he is decided to try it out. We had seen it done two ways - with maple syrup over it or with a gravy over it. So Matt made the fried chicken and waffles and then gave us 3 topping choices. We tried each one with a different section of the waffle to determine which we liked best. We used maple syrup, chicken country gravy, and honey. Matt came up with the last one himself. They were all really good in their own unique way. For a big filling dinner the gravy is great because it tastes like a good home cooked meal. It would be great with green beans and mashed potatoes. The honey and maple syrup combos were both great if you want a sweeter tasting combination. Anyways - it was delicious and enjoyable!

A cute story about Lily... She has a "bath" each night before bedtime. I don't wash her every night of course but it's part of our routine so she at least gets in and gets to splash around some. Anyways... she's learned what bathtime is because now when I go in to the bathroom and turn the water on she comes crawling!! It's so cute seeing her come around the corner crawling like she can't get there fast enough and nakey. Matt usually takes her clothes off in the living room. No picture of that but here is Lily's styling new Nike's for the fall that her "auntie vicky" gave her:
We had a good relaxing weekend. Didn't do much but that was a nice change of pace for us as we're always gone. The rest of the week is busy: Tomorrow Matt is gone all day to King's Dominion with his clients at work. Tuesday we are having Lily's 9 month pictures done. Here's a cute pic of Lily in one of her adorable dresses she is going to wear for them:
Then Thursday morning we are leaving to go spend some time with my sister and her family. I get to get some good playtime in with Ava and some cuddle time with little Cecilia and Owen. I can't believe they are already 2 months old! Here's a cute recent pic of them:
"Mom - tell Owen to stop touching me"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The new haircut is so cute!