Wednesday, August 6

a beautiful quote

I had read this post on the mommy forum that I'm a part of online discussing how babies around the age of Lily (8 months) start getting the seperation anxiety/clinginess and what to do about it. Lily has actually been doing this a lot lately. She wants me around all the time, crawls after me or all over me if I'm on the ground playing with her. Anyways, someone posted this quote from the AAP's book that talked about this so sweetly. I just LOVE how they put this...

"In some ways this phase of your child's emotional development will be especially tender for both of you, while in others it will be painful. After all, her desire to be with you is a sign of her attachment to her first and greatest love - namely you. The intensity of her feeling as she hurtles into your arms is irresistible, especially when you realize that no one - including your child herself - will ever again think you are quite as perfect as she does at this age."

Wow - that's one of the most beautiful quotes about motherhood I think I've read. It reminded me just how much Lily loves me already even though she doesn't know what love is. I'm her first and greatest love. :)

No comments: