Wednesday, May 13

my sister's house, mother's day and D.C.

We had a great time at my sister's house last week. Lily didn't nap in the car on the way down like I thought she might (since if we're in the car in the morning she will at times doze off). So the car ride down was a long one. We watched 4 episodes of Yo Gabba Gabba. Hey I didn't care as long as it made her happy! Lily LOVED her cousins this time! They all did so well together. Lily would always ask where the babies were when they were sleeping. She loved them. Ava and Lily had a dance party together which was absolutely adorable and then they were racing each other across the living room while scooching on their butts. We even managed to go out to dinner once with all 4 kids! Friday night we put them all in the bathtub together. Lily had the look on her face the whole time of "why are all these kids in my bath?!"
I had a great Mother's Day. Just did normal busy church stuff in the morning, had a quick lunch, then naptime for Lily. After that we had our families over to the house and had a cookout. It was a gorgeous day for it and Lily and Aaron had a blast playing out in the yard. Lily (with the help of her dad) made me a homemade card that I found in Lily's crib and they also got me some gorgeous flowers. Plus Lily decided to take a 2.5 hour nap that afternoon! Happy Mother's Day to me!On Monday Matt headed up to D.C. with Jon and Steve to try and get Jon's passport fixed. It was supposed to be a "short" trip and they would be back in the evening. That, of course, didn't happen. They ended up having to stay overnight and then didn't get to leave Tuesday until after dinner. So Matt finally got home around 11 last night. Lily and I went to my mom's house for dinner on Monday and then my parents took us out to eat for dinner last night. That way I had some company and didn't have to deal with meals for the 2 of us. Matt was very ready to get back to see me and of course his sweet little Lily...

No comments: