Tuesday, May 5

3 Months In

I wanted to write an evaluation of life in Virginia Beach now that I'm 3 months in to this whole thing. Life has been a whirlwind. It feels like we've been here a lot longer than just 3 months. I think that's partly because we grew up here and we are at our old home church so it's all familiar territory.

I first want to say that I think Matt is doing an incredible job as youth pastor. And I am SO happy that he is happy and enjoying this phase of our lives. It's a great thing to be able to be doing the exact thing that God put the desire in your heart to do. We prayed about this for a very long time and God blessed us tremendously with this opportunity. We already have several kids that are coming to youth group now that weren't before we got here so that's good news! And be sure to check out the new AYM website!

The first month was really hard for me. Having to leave my 2 good friends in Lynchburg was NOT fun and I will always miss their company even though I will never lose their friendship. I guess that's how all of life is for the most part. The first time was when my sister moved to Georgia when she got married. The second time was my best friend from college, Tara, moving back to her hometown after graduation. And then there was moving away from Vicky and Alicia. I feel very blessed though that God put such wonderful best friends (including a sister!) in to my life. And I know that God is going to surround me with just the right close christian friends here in Virginia Beach too. That is my prayer that God will again bless me in that area.

And God has already answered my prayers for "mommy" friends and friends for Lily. I've been able to reconnect with Lyz, a friend of mine from high school. She has a little girl who is a few months older than Lily. And I've also been able to conect with Mary who was in AYM youth group with me and still goes to Suburban. She also has a little girl, Abby, who is several months older than Lily. I've really enjoyed their company and I know Lily has fun playing with her new friends. We try to get together at least once a week.

I'm helping out with the youth group and try to get to as many things as I can. I'm usually always at youth group because one of the grandparents comes over to watch Lily for me. I'm also very excited about the small group that Matt and I are starting up at our house. It's going to be for 20 somethings and we'll meet once a week here for fellowship and bible study. The church really needs outlets like this to be able to reach our age group so I'm glad that we can be a part of that. We're hopefully starting either next week or the week after.

I love the Virginia Beach area so definitely no problem there! And having a house to live in is a HUGE blessing. It's so great to have a lot more space and a front and back yard to play in! Plus we have the added bonus of a playground literally right across the street!

All in all, 3 months in and I'm doing good. Our day to day life is much different. Matt's "work" hours are much more varied but he still gets plenty of good time to spend with us. And like I've said before, it seems like there's always something going on. Most of the time this is good because I do like having things to do, but there are some times where it does become overwhelming and we just have to take a step back and spend a day just us not doing anything.

Thank you God for all the blessings you have given me and my family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that everything is going well. I know you and Matt prayed for this transition for so long and it's awesome to see how God is blessing your faithfulness! I miss seeing you guys and I know Sally misses her cuddle time with Lily each Sunday!
Russanna