Sunday, May 10

10 Reasons I Love Being a Mom

To celebrate Mother's Day on my blog, I would like to share 10 of the reasons I love being a mom!

1) I love getting to experience the love I have for Lily. Before becoming a mom, I had absolutely no clue what the love of a mother felt like. I love and absolutely adore my husband. I love my sister. I love my parents. I love my in-laws. I love my friends. But none of those loves can capture what it feels like to love your child. My love for Lily is indescribable.

2) I love that I now have a better glimpse of God's love for me as His child - even though His love for us far surpasses the love a mother has for her own child.

3) I love the random and unrandom kisses that Lily gives me. Whether it's before bed, when I'm leaving, or just out of the blue, her kisses melt my heart. Especially when she gives them and says "mmmm" afterwards like they are delicious! :)

4) I love to watch Lily sleeping. It's so peaceful and beautiful. And putting her to bed is such a sweet time. I love sitting in the rocking chair with her, reading books, saying prayers, and cuddling before bedtime. It's such a beautiful thing.

5) I love watching my wonderful husband be an amazing father. Seeing my husband hold our brand new little girl for the first time made me love him even more deeply than I could ever imagine. And watching him and Lily play around together makes me the happiest mom and wife.

6) I love seeing Lily do something new that I have taught her. I'm sure there will be plenty of things that she sees me do or say that I won't be glad she learned from me but I try my hardest to be the best example I can be. I want her to ultimately see Jesus in my life and to want to serve Him when she grows up too.

7) I love holidays as a mom, especially Christmas. It's amazing how once you have a child, your perspective on things and what matters completely changes. I could care less about presents for myself anymore. Holidays are just more magical and wonderful when you have kids to share them with.

8) I love hearing Lily say "go gabba gabba." It might just be one of the cutest things ever. She absolutely loves that show and gets all excited yelling "gabba gabba!"

9) I love hearing her say "ooooooo" in awe or excitement when she sees something new for the first time or something that she loves.

10) I love getting to play with Lily. Whether it's the park, going for a wagon ride, dancing, chase, or just hanging out at the house - she's such a joy to be around and to watch her do the most hilarious things. Which by the way she can shake her booty while she's dancing better than any other 17 month old out there!

I could think of so many more reasons I love being a mom but there's some of the top ones. And being able to stay at home full time with her makes it all the better! I love spending time with my beautiful precious baby girl!! If you're a blogger mom, I'd love to hear about some of the reasons you love being a mom! Happy Mother's Day to all my mom friends!

No comments: