Friday, May 29

18 month check-up

Lily went for her 18 month check-up this past Tuesday. She weighed 25 pounds 8 ounces and height was 34". I think the height is a little more than she really is though because she would not lay still laying on that paper and it was crumpled up underneath her for the markings. Lily did NOT like the doctor this visit at all - getting weighed, seeing/talking to the doctor, or getting her shots. My mom came with me to help me out since I figured she would not do well with this visit. We had to literally hold her down for the shots. It was really sad. :( This was the last of shots for awhile though. She got the last hepA and the varicella (chickenpox) vaccine. She's right on track and meeting all her milestones. The doctor seemed impressed that she has about 50 words she knows now. She also passed this checklist with flying colors that I believe was for autism screening. So I have a wonderful healthy beautiful little girl!

Here's a few things about Lily these days. She has been saying thank you and please a lot more lately. When I open up the computer she comes and sits next to me, puts her face right up to mine, and says in this little sweet voice "gabba please gabba please." It's SO incredibly cute and of course I let her watch it because she's so convincing! She loves to wear my shoes around the house now. She's using a fork and spoon pretty well now. She loves to be chased. The past few days she has been wanting to sleep with this bigger pink blanket rather than just her little taggie blanket. I pulled it out the other day for her to wrap her baby up in and ever since she's been attached to it. She plays with things how they are meant to be played with (for example - feeding/rocking her baby, combing her hair, etc.). She loves to climb and jump on things - especially the bed! She can kick and attempt to throw a ball. She tries to brush her teeth herself - but I always go behind her since she doesn't really get them all. She loves hip hop music and will shake her butt better than I can! She does well with shape sorters. She'll say "bed" now when we're in her room reading books and she's ready to go to bed.

Well... that's all I can think of even though that's a lot! She's a growing healthy hilarious passionate independent sensitive fiery beautiful 18 month old little girl!

No comments: