Friday, April 3

week recap

Life is as busy as ever it seems. And I was worried about not having anything to do once we moved here! Last night I was trying to make plans to go get coffee with my bf from childhood, Sarah, and we had so many things going on next week it was hard to find a time.

So I will recap the last week. Sunday was church and then took Lily over to grandma and grandpa's house for awhile that afternoon. Monday was Matt's day off. We ate lunch out at Atlanta Bread. It's very similar to Panera Bread but I definitely liked their sandwiches better. Then we took Lily to the Jumpin Monkey, her first try at a jumping place. She was TOTALLY not in to it. She freaked out and was scared of the big inflatable jumping things. We headed back home and I took her outside to play since it was a nice day. That evening we went to Matt's parents house for dinner/going away party for Mike (Matt's brother). He left this past week for Navy boot camp.

On Tuesday, Lily and I met Lyz and Brooklyn at the park and the girls had a blast! It was a gorgeous day. Then Lily and I had lunch together at chick-fil-a.

Wednesday was youth leaders meeting at church. Grandma came over and watched Lily so I could go. We had a potluck lunch which was delicious - Matt made bruschetta chicken pasta (just like the kind at TGIFriday's). We got a lot of planning done and I'm excited about what's coming up for the youth. Then later on Matt's parents came over to watch Lily. Ashley, Genna, and I (the 3 female youth leaders) are taking one of the youth group girls out each week for coffee. So we went and did that and then I was able to go to refuel (mid week small group for the youth).

Thursday, I decided to try out one nap with Lily. She doesn't always sleep in the morning when I put her down for nap so I figured I would give it a try. I went out to a store in the morning to try and keep her occupied. She was VERY whiny though and I could just tell she was tired. About lunchtime she perked up again. I put her down at 1:30, she slept 45 minutes, and then woke up WAILING! It took me forever to get her calmed down. So I don't know what her deal was but I'm going back to two naps. Even if she doesn't fall asleep in the morning, I still think she needs some down time in her crib.

Today Mary and Abby came over for a playdate. Lily and Abby had fun playing and had lunch together. Now I'm relaxing while Lily naps and then going out to enjoy the nice weather! Can I just say I LOVE getting to dress Lily in spring/summer clothes?! I think she looks adorable in capris and short sleeve shirts with her little white sandals.

Tomorrow is busy busy - church yard/bake sale, make a commercial to advertise youth group girls night in, and then we're going out with Lyz and Lee tomorrow evening.

Some fun new Lily things: She likes to blow her nose now. Whenever she's in the bathroom and sees the toilet paper she says "nose." She'll hold the paper up to her nose and try to blow it but it really ends up more like sucking in through her nose. Her vocabulary just keeps expanding. She is putting the word "see" together with things now when she wants us to look at something like "see ball." Some other new words - flower, coat, glasses, no, go, hi, bush, bed, again, bird, push.

No comments: