Thursday, April 23

outings, new phrases, one nap, and a couch

The zoo was GREAT last weekend. Lily had a blast looking at the animals. Her favorites were the elephant and the pig. We decided to just buy a year membership because if we take her 4 or more times over the next year then it would pay for itself. And I'd love to be able to go often. It was really crowded that day though because they were celebrating earth day.

Then on Tuesday grandma and grandpa came with us to the children's museum in Portsmouth. I love being able to take Lily to things like this now. And thankfully there's a lot more to see and do than in Lynchburg. That is one thing I love about living here. There were all kinds of fun things at the museum - pretend grocery store, fire truck, bubble room, slides, music room, train room.

Today Lily said two new 2 word phrases! And of course they were ones that we say to her but she's decided to repeat them to us. I was moving her arms away from something she shouldn't be touching and she says "stop it." And then this afternoon she kept saying "don't touch" when she would be getting ready to do something that we probably wouldn't allow her to do. The "stop it" one was hilarious. Although I'm sure it won't be so funny when she's older and yells that at us! But for now I will laugh!

I noticed the other day that Lily's thumb was just looking beat up again from sucking on it so hard. So I figured it was time to implement the sock again since we're settled now and break the thumb sucking habit. I sewed a sock back on her pj top and started using it yesterday. She of course freaks out when I put it on her and just wails, but it's really for her best because if not, her thumb's just gonna get worse and then could get infected again. Yesterday she cried for 15-20 minutes for both naps but not too much for bedtime. Today I decided to try the whole 1 nap a day thing again because I think she is ready since her morning nap is so late now and I have to wake her up after 30 minutes in order to get an afternoon nap in. She actually did great all this morning and then I put her down at 1:30. She again cried when I put her shirt on but I got her calmed down rocking in the rocking chair before I laid her down for nap. She cried for just a minute or two once I put her down.

And in great news.... an unexpected blessing! The den/playroom in the back part of our house has no seating in it because we only have the 2 couches that we use in the living room. I just have a lot of Lily's toys back there but no where to sit. We eventually want to buy new couches for the living room and would then be able to put our old ones back there but we just can't afford that right now. Somehow it got brought up in conversation with someone from our church on Sunday and he said that he had a couch from one of the houses he was flipping that was left by the owners and in good condition. Today he had it brought over to us! Yay! Now we have a couch in that room.
, stop it, don't touch, new couch

1 comment:

The Tylers said...

Haha, I love your little blog notes at the bottom that you write so you don't forget anything!