Tuesday, April 28

control freak

My name is Amanda and I'm a control freak.

I know it. And I'm able to admit it. And supposedly that's the first step in fixing a problem. HA! I will always have an ongoing battle with this problem. Anyways... it made me think about it today when I read this great blog post from 5 Minutes for Faith. If you have the time, check out this post from that blog for today. If not... here is one of my favorite lines in it:

"One thing I've learned is that people who need to control do so out of fear. I fear making the wrong decision. I fear my children getting hurt. I fear consequences.

As a mom, there are some things I need to be in control of, but there are more things that I need to let go of. Whenever I try to control everything I only seem to become stressed and anxious"

This is so true. I know that worrying and becoming anxious get me NO WHERE. And trying to control things usually makes it or me worse. But I somehow still do it. When you have a child, there's no hiding that quality! :) I never thought before about what the writer said is the cause of this though. It's because of our fears that we try to control things. How true. I worry a lot about medical stuff and I'm always nervous/scared about stuff like, for example, this new swine flu thing. When you have a child, you don't want ANYTHING to hurt them.

I've just GOT to start trusting God more and really doing what the verse says - casting all my cares on Him. Easier said then done though, right?

1 comment:

the lowe family said...

I know how you feel. Especially with the health and swine flu thing. I am anxious quite often now about health things since I have a baby now. Its so hard to let go of trying to take control over everything.