Monday, June 30

weekend

We had a good weekend at home. This summer Matt will be off most Friday's which is great! So Friday we did our big grocery shopping trip for the month. Saturday we went to the pool, ran a few errands, and then watched Good Luck Chuck. I'm loving Netflix! I like putting movies in our queue too - I know, I'm weird.

Sunday was a busier day. We went to church that morning, Lily came home and took a nap, and then we headed out to Pueblo Viejo for lunch out. After lunch the three of us went over to LU for the big 4th of July celebration. We got free ice cream which was delicious! Lily got very upset though when we went near the loud music. She's always been like that though - doesn't like really loud noises. It annoyed me that they didn't have the 4th of july celebration on the 4th of July or at least on the weekend of the 4th! Oh well. We'll be going out of town this weekend anyways so we wouldn't have been able to go.
Then that evening one of my old co-workers/friend and her husband came over to see Lily and then hang out with us for a little while. It was nice having some people come over!

Lily just gets better and better at the whole getting around thing. Today she was actually trying to pull up on the sofa and then in her crib. She can't get herself up yet though but she sure is trying. Today I cut up some apple and put it in her fresh food feeder. It's this really cool thing that has a mesh part where you put it any fresh food - fruits, ice, etc. that a baby can have. They can chew on it to help with teething (the cold feels good) and they also can use it just for food (the primary purpose). They suck on it so they just get the liquid/juice part out. She loved it! Then I let her suck on the rest of the apple that I was eating and she liked that even better! I just realized I thought I had gotten all the pictures off my camera this evening and deleted them all. Well... I forgot to get the pictures off that I took today of her eating the apple. :( Oh well... guess I'll just have to do it again tomorrow and then post pictures!

No comments: