Thursday, June 12

pet peeve and the GYN

Today I had my yearly GYN check-up (fun fun). Everything was fine, of course, and the doctor said how great I look for having had a baby 6 months ago! Yeah!! I asked him about the "flab" on the tummy though and he said exercises probably won't get rid of that unfortunately. He pointed out that a lot of that will depend on the elasticity of your skin which you inherit. I've gotten rid of all the fat and the muscles are fine - so it just the extra skin that has been stretched out. It really does look great for having had a baby but I'm just picky cause I had a VERY flat tight stomach pre-Lily. That's okay though - she's completely worth it!!

I also had to comment on a pet peeve I now have. I hate it when people look at me funny or say something that is intended to make me feel odd when I tell people that I put Lily to bed at 7PM. Now granted, most ALL of those people are those that don't have children or are long past the phase of having young babies. So I guess that's why they don't understand. I know this is GOOD and normal though for her because every parenting book and the doctor have said that a baby's bedtime is usually between 6-8PM when they are little. Babies need a lot more sleep than we do as adults and you should not deprive them of this much needed activity. Babies will naturally want to go to bed around that time - it's not like you force them to. Everyone I know that has a baby puts them down earlier too like I do. Anyways... just had to get that off my chest because it bothers me when people think that's odd. If you're reading this and you think that's odd you either haven't had a baby yet or you don't remember your children being babies! :) Thank goodness I have a great sleeping baby (7:30PM to 7:00AM)! That doesn't come without work though!! The first 4 months were rough trying to get the whole sleeping/napping thing figured out!!

Short funny Lily story... Yesterday evening she was watching her baby einstein like she normally does sitting all cuddled up on her daddy's lap. Well Matt starts to talk to me and Lily turns around and looks at him and lets out this little whine/cry. So Matt stops talking and she turns back around to keep watching baby einstein and she's fine! It was just like she was saying "daddy, I can't hear my movie!" It was so cute. Every day I see her growing more and more in to this independent little girl. She is just SO freakin adorable and I'm SO very glad that God blessed me with such a beautiful little baby girl.

2 comments:

The Tylers said...

That's a really cute little story... maybe she was telling him she wanted his full attention! Haha. I think it's great you put Lily to bed at 7. It seems like you just have to do that not only for her, but so you can still have some time for just you and Matt. You are such a great mom! :)

Calie & Daniel said...

Hannah Meredith is her name. Meredith is a family name on Daniel's side... his Grandfather's name is Meredith, Uncle's name is Meredith, and Daniel's middle name is Meredith. So we thought we'd honor his Granddad by moving that name over to the female side :)