Thursday, June 5

green beans, pool fun, and the twins

We have had a great week although it has seemed to go by slower since I'm anxiously awaiting getting to hold my new niece and nephew!!! Owen and Cecilia are both doing great. Apparently they sleep SO good when you lay them right next to each other. They cuddle up together - SO cute. Owen is more fidgity but if they lay him next to Cecilia he calms down. Dawn is still recovering from the c-section and is just very tired. They will be going home from the hospital tomorrow. Ava's being a great big sister so far! I've been showing pictures of her new cousins and playmates. She thinks they are great! :)
Lily LOVES green beans. She must have gotten this from her mommy because I love them too. They are my veggie of choice (besides fried okra) and the one we eat the most often. We started them this week and Lily just gobbles them up. I can't keep up with her because she swallows it really quickly and then is rapidly mouthing for more!! She now eats 3 "meals" a day with a bedtime feeding. Breakfast is rice cereal, lunch is a veggie, and dinner is a fruit or sweet veggie. So far she has had sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, and prunes. Tomorrow we are going to start pears. Then I homemade and froze some avocado and banana after we do pears. Supposedly avocado is one of the best first baby foods and VERY good for you. I've been using this book called Super Baby Food. I borrowed it from my sister and it has been SO helpful in answering all my questions on feeding solids and how to homemake your own baby food. I have been doing homemade when I can and then also using some packaged stuff for when we're out or if it's harder to do at home. I'm so proud of myself!! Anyways, if you have a young baby I highly encourage you to get this book!!
Today we had a fun day! Alicia and Andi came over this afternoon and we all went to the pool. The girls were so cute. They both have the same float and they kept putting their faces down into the water play area in front of them cause they were tired. I think I got a little bit of sun at least on my face! The water almost felt like bath water because it was SO hot outside. It's only June - it's not supposed to be THIS hot!
Tomorrow is packing day and then Saturday we are off to NC to see Cecilia and Owen!!! Yeah!!!!!

No comments: