Sunday, June 15

Happy Father's Day and a busy weekend

Little did we know how busy our weekend would turn out to be! Saturday morning I went to a brunch at church for the ladies in our small group. It was SO refreshing spiritually and socially for me. With a little one, it's so hard to get time away on your own. Matt was wonderful and watched little Lily and I got to enjoy fellowship, good food, and some spiritual feeding with other incredible women. I just can't say how much I needed that - it had been too long. I've also decided that Matt and I together and on our own need to make a point more to get away as a couple and as individuals at times. Not that it has to be all the time, but we do need it once in awhile. There are so many wonderful women in my life too that are willing to watch Lily for us or do whatever we need - I just need to start taking them up on their offers!!

That morning as I was preparing to leave, I got a call from my dad asking if it would be okay for him and my mom to come stay with us for the weekend. They are currently camped out at my sister's helping her out since she just had twins. Dawn and their family needed some alone/family time to help rejuvenate them, so my parents came here for the weekend.
Saturday afternoon we went to toys'r'us and returned all of our Avent bottles. I'm not going to attempt to explain everything but there is a growing controversy on BPA (a chemical found in some hard plastics and various baby bottles) and its long term effects. There hasn't been an official recall since it hasn't been proven that it is harmful, but toys'r'us and babies'r'us are taking back any bottles that have BPA (used, new, etc.) for a full refund in store credit!! We've switched over to the playtex drop-in's so we returned our avents which I loved. We got back over $100! So we bought Lily a big present!!! It's the Fisher Price Learning Home. My niece, Ava, had this when she was little and they got so much use out of it and LOVED it. Lily doesn't know it yet, but she's going to be excited about it. :)

Today was of course, Father's Day!! Lily gave Daddy her presents this morning including: a picture frame we painted that says "daddy's little girl" and has her picture in it (the one with matt's eagles hat on), a new wallet that has a place to put wallet pictures in it so he can proudly display Lily, and a subscription to Netflix which he has been wanting for awhile. He loved his gifts! The best part was it came in this bag from Hallmark that had the superman symbol and said "super dad." We ended up not going to church because Lily woke up late today and she actually took her first nap for 2 hours until 11:30!! We then headed to O'Charley's for lunch and then later this afternoon went to the pool for awhile.
By the way, we got Lily the CUTEST new float for the pool. We decided to try a different float that's another style and doesn't take up quite so much room when blown up. The best part was... it is a LILYPAD. :) I just think it's really cute that our little Lily has her own little lilypad for the pool. TOO CUTE! Finally, we are rounding off the day by having a friend of ours come over to stay with Lily while Matt and I go out for dessert! Yeah!! We haven't been out in awhile just the two of us so that will be a nice treat!
I now have to brag about my husband since it is father's day! :) I can't begin to explain how wonderful it is to see him with our little girl. He is just SO sweet with her and makes her laugh all the time!! The love that I see in Matt's eyes for Lily is just the most beautiful thing ever. Seeing them together snuggled on the couch watching baby einstein together just makes me melt every time. I never thought I could have so much love for two people! My love for Matt has just expanded in so many ways this past year as I have seen him with our first baby girl. He is SO helpful to me and is such an involved Dad. He wants to be right there in the action with her and doesn't just stand off to the side. Well... I could go on and on about him. But I will save that for him in person. I did have to brag though because he is "hands down" the BEST dad in the whole wide world! :) I love you Matt!!! You are the most wonderful husband and father anyone could ask for!

No comments: